Bones IV pre-launch & news

Harrek

14 hours ago, Mushu_Green said:

I wonder how much time they will wait between the completion of bonesIII and this one.

I assume most of the campaign and SG planification is done but we never know.

Last KS, they mentioned that they were rearranging the SG and things during the active period. Figures were moved up or down in the order of reveals based on perceived enthusiasm and other input, and the whole lineup is subject to the whims of the internal Reaper machine. So, while there may be a plan, it's unlikely to be the final plan, even on the last day of the KS.

• Like 5

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Last KS, they mentioned that they were rearranging the SG and things during the active period. Figures were moved up or down in the order of reveals based on perceived enthusiasm and other input, and the whole lineup is subject to the whims of the internal Reaper machine. So, while there may be a plan, it's unlikely to be the final plan, even on the last day of the KS.

I like to believe that the flexibility of stretch goals is intentionally planned. As a company run by accountants, I have faith in the math.

• Like 9

Never backed a Kickstarter and fairly new to minis. Could someone give me an idea of the UK delivery cost for something like the core set please?

So I can try to budget for when Reaper 4 becomes a thing.

I tried to look it up on the previous Kickstarter but it said you had to sign up to some pledge manager or something and that wasn't available because.. well.. it's old and unavailable.

Edited by Danjufo
To show I tried.

[MOD]

Reaper has not said when exactly Bones 4 will go live; speculation on what date/month it will open can cause confusion and frustration when it is taken as a guarantee.

Bear in mind that Reaper still has their Base Boss Kickstarter project to fulfull following Bones 3 fulfillment; this will take an unknown amount of time.

[/MOD]

• Like 9

20 hours ago, Danjufo said:

Never backed a Kickstarter and fairly new to minis. Could someone give me an idea of the UK delivery cost for something like the core set please?

So I can try to budget for when Reaper 4 becomes a thing.

I cannot comment on UK orders specifically, but shipping costs are based on total weight and box size and not a fixed cost.

For Canadian orders, looking back at Bones 2 and 3, my shipping costs were between 11-14.5% of the total cost. Big items like Mal'Drakar can make big differences in total cost while small ones have no impact unless you have dozens of them.

• Like 2

On 5/31/2017 at 10:27 PM, CorallineAlgae said:

The Poker Tool is awesome but I actually use normal T pins much more often. You can get a pack of them for about $1. They're what Reaper actually uses to make the skull pokey. The skull is molded around the to of the T pin. 

344615_p?$OD-Dynamic$&wid=450&hei=450

Yep. I have one, where you can see part of the "T" sticking out of the back of the skull.

It's just a fun enhancement on the pin and souvenir. The skull also give a bit more area to grab onto when you are using the pin.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 2

In terms of when, I hope no sooner than August. With Zombicide, there's already a lot of air being sucked out of the Kickstarter room. Having that and Bones IV would really suck all the wind out.

On a side note of that, if they start shipping to retailers the Bones III stuff, well, there's only so much to go around. If you're new to the hobby you're probably not going to be buying Bones III goods as they hit the shelf and then backing the KS for Bones IV.

But I've been wrong numerous times. Just an observation and a personal preference.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JoeGKushner said:

In terms of when, I hope no sooner than August. With Zombicide, there's already a lot of air being sucked out of the Kickstarter room. Having that and Bones IV would really suck all the wind out.

On a side note of that, if they start shipping to retailers the Bones III stuff, well, there's only so much to go around. If you're new to the hobby you're probably not going to be buying Bones III goods as they hit the shelf and then backing the KS for Bones IV.

But I've been wrong numerous times. Just an observation and a personal preference.

Dwarven Forge is due for KS5 soon, too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Talae said:

Dwarven Forge is due for KS5 soon, too.

Ya, Dwarven Forge Dungeon of Doom KS begins this coming Sunday the 11th.  It will have ton of dungeon stuff.  There is definitely overlap between Reaper and DF. I know I will be backing both.

• Like 2

I'm so glad I have an income now. I missed the last df ks and I'm still sad about it. And I wasn't much into kickstarter before bones3

Edited by Erk

I'm a bit worried that the core pledge will be too cool for me to resist. I really don't need another core set, I'm planning to just get add-on stuff. But I know I'm weak.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Erk said:

I'm a bit worried that the core pledge will be too cool for me to resist. I really don't need another core set, I'm planning to just get add-on stuff. But I know I'm weak.

Fool! You never don't need another core set! Of course it'll be full of awesome!!

• Like 6