Bones IV pre-launch & news

Harrek

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope I do not get into the core pledge trap, as I do not need that many new minis, but who knows. Last KS I originally did not go core, but I did in the PM. Still waiting for it to arrive though. 

The DF KS is definitely a problem for a Bones KS, as I know I will be backing both. Looks like DF will be largely done before Bones starts though. 

• Like 1

B3 was the first one I DIDN'T do a Core Set; for the few minis I wanted, it was way cheaper just to cherry pick the ones I wanted. Which is probably a good thing, considering how much money I wound up spending.

But B4... She Who Dances With Mouselings has said she's considering participating as well. This could get complicated.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Erk said:

I'm a bit worried that the core pledge will be too cool for me to resist. I really don't need another core set, I'm planning to just get add-on stuff. But I know I'm weak.

I managed to hold off on the core pledge for Bones 3 (I backed both Bones 1 and 2 quite heavily). I still backed it for add-ons, such as the coloured plastic weapons and paints, just not the core set.

I've gotten to the point now where I have enough PC/NPC-type minis for most situations and, if I don't, I'm happy to buy a metal version as the casting and details are a bit sharper in metal and the price of a human-sized mini isn't too bad..

For big stuff though, Bones is definitely the way to go. It's much cheaper, pinning is less of an issue and they're not so heavy to lug around.

Edited by Olaf the Stout
  • Like 2

Like many others I didn't back for the B3 core as I already have so many minis from the B1 and B2 core sets and to be honest I still prefer metal for smaller man sized minis.

And I don't mind picking up the few I do want from the core and expansions at retail.

Gotta get me a pack donkey and pack camel supply train.

• Like 7

I'm painting the Bones grave digger at the moment and the Bones Mummy Captain. While I can see that the detail is sharper in metal, they are still great miniatures (for playing pieces, if we're talking about diorama, it's different). If they don't look good on the gaming table, it's because of my painting skills ... not because of the Bones material.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Core pledge for me! And expansions! And paints! And big creatures! and small creatures! And townsfolk! And everything else but Mouslings :3 (JK @redambrosia)

And add-ons, and post campaign pledge manager add-ons!

I wonder if I shouldn't just plop down a quick $500, without looking, and be done with it. I know it's not sensible, but common sense was never part of the equation. :poke:

14 hours ago, redambrosia said:

How about a platypus-Monster being killed by mouseling warriors :devil:

14 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Platypus mouse eating monster! :wub:

You mean it's not core?! I'll never understand their method of model selection. Guess I'll settle for MORE DRAGONS! ::D:

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

I'm planning on just dropping $200 on day one. Gonna try to resist more... At least for that first week! :lol:

I had been able to save $500 for Bones III and pledged that amount Day One. Then I sat back and watched the Stretch Goals lock in until one day...$500 was no longer enough for all that I wanted.

Edit: Out of curiosity, I went back to Bones I and II and added up all the stuff I've bought since and it came out to $150, which means at this point I've still spent more on Bones II than Bones I and more on Bones III than Bones II.

Edited by etherial
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, etherial said:

I had been able to save $500 for Bones III and pledged that amount Day One. Then I sat back and watched the Stretch Goals lock in until one day...$500 was no longer enough for all that I wanted.

Edit: Out of curiosity, I went back to Bones I and II and added up all the stuff I've bought since and it came out to $150, which means at this point I've still spent more on Bones II than Bones I and more on Bones III than Bones II.

Seeing how much I spent on Bones 1, then by how much those values climbed for Bones 2 and 3. By charting the amounts, then using an exponential regression... I'm projecting to spend $2000 on Bones 4! ::o:

Dangit! I'm going back to goblin math. $20 for 20 minis. Then 20 more times in the pledge manager. That should settle it. :lol:

• Like 9