Bones IV pre-launch & news

Harrek

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn`t receive my Bones III yet and I`m eagerly anticipating Bones IV!

I just wish Reaper remembers to include the knight for scale with every big monster. I didn`t order T`raukzul because I thought it was expensive for it`s size and now I`m pure regret.

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, pedronunesv said:

I didn`t receive my Bones III yet and I`m eagerly anticipating Bones IV!

I just wish Reaper remembers to include the knight for scale with every big monster. I didn`t order T`raukzul because I thought it was expensive for it`s size and now I`m pure regret.

I was really on the fence about Ma'aldrakar, and if I'd known how big T-Rock was, I probably wouldn't have got Ma'al. Not that I mind, really, but I'm not a display painter and really just wanted one "challenge piece", and T-Rock would be more useful at the table as well.

Of course they're big enough that I could build decent speakers into their bases, so now I can have stereo.

• Like 7

On 6/7/2017 at 10:18 AM, Talae said:

Dwarven Forge is due for KS5 soon, too.

I have over 50 lbs of castles that need painting.  I think I might go with prepainted from DF from now on, even if it means I get less. Just so that I can spend my time focusing on painting minis. 

• Like 5

Am I the only one looking at what I got and thinking "I need to buy $200 more stuff now what was I thinking ordering so little!"  sigh... Well maybe the wife will let me go a little wild with the next set.  Hope they have stuff my daughter likes too so my wife is more willing.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Looter said:

Am I the only one looking at what I got and thinking "I need to buy $200 more stuff now what was I thinking ordering so little!"  sigh... Well maybe the wife will let me go a little wild with the next set.  Hope they have stuff my daughter likes too so my wife is more willing.

Definitely. At first I was only regretting not picking up one or two big minis but after receiving my box and seeing the size of some of the minis i n the core set and stoneskull I regret not buying a bunch more. I don't plan on making the same mistake with Bones 4

• Like 3

Maybe now that US fullfilment is over, we well learn something new about Bones IV at one of the conventions? Or is that something that historically hasn't happend with Reaper, since they have their own con?

• Like 1

Reaper showed off Bones IV greens (only a few) at last year's ReaperCon. Reaper has in the past had display cases including upcoming greens at other conventions. It's entirely possible that they would do that again this summer.

Which is not a guarantee of anything, just a report of that thing they did before. :poke:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danjufo said:

Talking of 'things they did before'. Is it usual for them to have a preview or at least announce the date it's you going to be live beforehand?

Yes, that information will be available.

It is not yet available, but when it is, we will make it public and widely accessible.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, ladystorm said:

Yes, that information will be available.

It is not yet available, but when it is, we will make it public and widely accessible.

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

oh wait, too soon . . . Move along.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2017 at 11:02 PM, CorallineAlgae said:

Oh, you're probably right. I was so impressed with how the KD guys kept telling backers that the core game, by itself, would be all that a lot of gamers really needed. They also kept telling backers not to spend more than they could afford, over and over. I didn't read all the comments, but I thought they handled the truly rude backers with a surplus of courtesy. Very happy they did so well.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm reasonably sure i've advised backers not to spend so much that they couldn't make necessary payments, or afford food. 

I would much rather every backer pledge for a modest amount, which their household budget will not miss greatly, than learn somebody lost their house or car because they spent too much and couldn't afford it after buying in on our Kickstarter.

Since I do believe it was stated it won't start before B3 is fully fulfilled and EU and AU are only starting fulfilment in July I wouldn't worry about this starting too soon? :) I need to save up some money first!