I feel I've been painting just long enough now to see through the simplicity in the colors into just how much work and artistic skill goes into a mini like this.

I can see people looking at this and just thinking "Meh, just a green shirt and brown backpack?", without noticing all of the subtle color changes, not just one or two tones, but tons of shades!

Spectacular work, I am in awe.

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TattooedITGuy
      I just wanted to share a Medieval Knight I painted off of MMF. It was my first bust painted and 3D printed. I learned a lot from this bust. I also tried a new technique by priming pink and doing a zenithal highlight in white ink and shadows with dark pink ink. Then going over with yellow ink to finish it off.  I hope you all enjoy as much as I did painting it. 

• By Unit04
      The third and final big box from Batman: Gotham City Chronicles is full of Batmen from various countries.  Apparently Bruce Wane decided to franchise superheroing like a McDonalds.  

The crew, part 1 - 

Dark Ranger is the Australian "Batman".  He dresses in white, uses guns and flies around on a jetpack.  Just like Batman...yeah I don't get it.  

Knight, Batman of England.  

Chief Man-of-Bats, of the Dakota territories.  I tried to get his eyes white but it never looked good, so I wound up going black.

Raven Red, the Chief's son and sidekick.  His eyes came out much better than his dad's.

• By Werkrobotwerk
      I was trying to use rose gold, with new gold as the highlights. 

• By Inarah
      Finished this just before christmas.  I'm rather happy with the way it came out.  The blending is probably the best I've ever done, and I used true metallic shading on all the armor.

I hope my Secret Sophie partner enjoys it as well. 

• By Glitterwolf
      This is 3D Printed on my Elegoo Mars.
      Dungeon Explorer from EPIC Miniatures.
      Added a Bones Stalagmite and some mushrooms from Ristul's Fantasy Market.
      Mud effect from Vallejo.

WIP Here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/90052-the-subterranean-realms-by-glitterwolf/

Lance Bucklesworth, the second son of an Imperial Baron spends his Father's money by travelling all over the World to gather priceless artifacts, discovering new lands and species.
      A true explorer and marvellous hunter of our time!
      His older brother despises him, but his sister adores him an has written many books about his adventures, these are selling well!
      Men want to be him, women want to be with him, but all Lance seeks is adventure.

Don't take him for a fool! Lance has studied History and Geography, he speaks a dozen languages and he served in the Imperial Army as a Crossbow Company's Officer.
      His restless nature has send him on an adventure once more.

Here he is entering a cavern system which might lead to a whole new subterranean world.

• Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)