Sign in to follow this  
robinh

Spring Exchange for Hiddenone32

The minis below where my exchange minis for Hiddenone32.   I apparently boxed them up too well as he received the package, unboxed and posted that he liked the Giant Were Rat....  no mention of the scarecrow!

After replying to his post and mentioning that there was a second painted mini he searched the paper towels I had used as padding and discovered the scarecrow.  Thankfully he had not cleaned up after the unboxing!  :B):

First is 77292 Giant Wererat!

59295d0e8beab_wereratfront.thumb.JPG.4a14d49475ac0f6e2321f251b587fc4c.JPG59295d1ec5cfc_wereratleftside.thumb.JPG.c7a744a8809803c6b6901edcfd2aceef.JPG59295d2407189_wereratright.thumb.JPG.5a2f65625c2e69e1a633755c8a08d6f3.JPG

And next is the scarecrow with his goody bag  77211 Guantfield

59295d7b85600_scarecrowleft2.thumb.JPG.5715e29698bb83e1a72038f8fb1713c4.JPG59295d832d9d8_scarecrowright.thumb.JPG.5b09ddb90eb30eff06ba7faa8f236864.JPG59295d8564413_scarecrowback.thumb.JPG.f5b3635607b4778a301a55b963059fd5.JPG

Enjoy!   Comments and critques are always welcome.

• Like 14

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Iridil
      Hi all,

Continuing on my not so subtle theme a a group of 4 Gauntfields with colorful taste in coats.

The 5th Guantfield is one I painted at RC 2018 random paint - just added a few touches to it at home. That was fun.... and came out rather well considering the random colors and need for polka dots on the sickle!

• By Rigel
      "If ever you chance to go to the woods
      Be sure that you go by day,
      Or the Spindly Man with his long thin arms
      Will spindle you clean away."

Scarecrows. The purpose is to inspire fear. For crows, the idea is that it looks like a human. 
      For people, the issue is that it doesn't quite. 

Gauntfield is a truly horrific sculpt. For one, scale creep aside, he's very tall. Over eight foot in scale, if I were to judge. For another, his hands are way too big, coming down to knee level. And those hands are clutching a sack full of bones. That's a red flag. Oh, and he's a reanimated skeleton with a jack-o-lantern sack mask. That sadistic grin! the flapping tatters! The sculptor is very like Gauntfield himself, in that they are both...

...outstanding in their field.

"When it comes to SURPRISES in the moonlit night..."

A Bombshell promotion netted me this Autumn the Scarecrone. Less overtly skeletal, but still a construct of cloth and straw given malign, shambling life and carrying a sickle. Tatterdemalion, rag-tag, hobbledehoy. 

The crow on her hat is a nice touch.

Her paint job and color scheme are loosely inspired by Sally from "NIghtmare Before Christmas."

Bonus: Bombshell's Pumpkin Pal!

• By Painting Miniatures
      I plan on posting something a little more friendly looking very shortly. coughwyrmgeardragoncough but in the mean time I painted this for fun and practice!

Also would take some advice on dealing with small details like a face. On this miniature it was nearly impossible to just paint specific details of the face without smooshing the entire face with paint. I'd wanted to give the figure blood red eyes. That didn't work out and I ended up painting over the face in white to start over again.

I do overall like how this miniature turned out. The bones aren't crispy perfect white, the clothes look like a creature that's been walking through mud and dirt for a long time. Didn't know how to paint the base so I went with some of my extra black wash which worked out as it sort of made it look like it was standing on bone.

Tried a new technique on the scythe. I did the base coat as filigree silver, then I did a paint of dragons blood red, then when that dried i went over it again with the black wash to give it this dried blood effect. A technique that is probably standard but one I personally just learned by experimenting!

• By Prex
      I painted the giant wererat fo fun the other day. I still need to do some basing (I'm thinking a sewer theme) but he's good enough to put on the table to scare the snot out of my D&D group. (This is definitely a he, if you take a close look under the fithly loincloth)  

I experimented a bit with using pastels on this mini for the shading at the claws on the hand with mixed success, so a shoutout to @Shoshie for the awesome tutorial - which can be found here: Link

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

The moon must be full...

Thanks for looking,
      Kev!
  • Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)