Just finished entering the Pirates and Halflings into the database of the new unofficial Army Creator, and ran into a question concerning the halfling datacards... There appears to be 3 variations for the model 03264 (Roderick Ambermead & Dragon) the first one being a "Sky Guard" with the other two being alternates.

The Question is: should the alternates be included in the new Army Creator (maybe tagged with "alternate" or "unofficial" on the datacards? or should they be ignored all-together at this point?

PS: I realize the faction is a beta, but some of the testers wanted to see it included in the tool, and I really see no reason it should not be.

PPS: I did include ALL 6 of the equipment items published in the beta as I figured they can always be deleted later if necessary, plus I could not bring myself to ditch any of them, especially second breakfast - they were all too cool and frankly there is no reason halflings shouldn't get an extra item or two (imho). ::D:

• Like 1

I'd include the variant Roderick, but ag them as alternates.

I'm building a halfling army as well and REALLY want to use Rodetick as the Warlord!

And maybe Sky Guard . . . 

And maybe as an Elite . . . 

Edited by Maredudd
  • Like 1

So using your army builder Dark Horse I built a Halfling army and ran it against Humansquish and David in a 3 front battle.  

Sir Roderic {Warlord)

+Mithril shirt

Brave Sir Roddy & Glitter

+Magic Weapon

Olivia

+Familiar

4x Sky Guard

6x Halfling Skirmisher

Troop 2 

Storm elemental

Battle Totem

Luck stone

It was a pretty thorough butt kicking for my opponents.  They weakened each other pretty bad but that is a lot of first strike and I used it to first kill some archers then kill a couple of elites from Dark Reach.  While this was going down the Storm elemental was wrecking a Bloodstone force that had taken some lumps from the Dragon Dark reach have.  Seriously it took 1 point of damage and did nearly 300 points of straight up kills many of them from chain lightening.  We think the Dodge /1 is just too much on the model. I may try it again sometime but have my friends plan for it and see if it is a problem even then.  The Roddies actually were not too bad even though first strike on anything is a bit much but they move too fast and we will pull the flying speed down a bit.

Other than that there is not much to the halflings though.  Pretty lackluster over all definatly an unfinished faction.  We will have to test more.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Maredudd said:

Awesome!! Thanks for the report!

I like Roderick and Glitter . . . Wish they were in bones . . . 

Most welcome to it and I like them as well.  In fact we thought they were all about the most unique part of the faction other than the army wrecking Elemental that is.

1.  We would like more units that are distinct to the faction like cavalry units like pony or dog mounted Halflings.

2. Also this faction has a very low average MAV, RAV, and DV average. 

3.The Goliath guard figure is one of the easiest to kill units in the game, its DV of 7 means that even a 1 RAV or MAV will hit 50% of the time.  A 1 attack should never have an even chance to hit, this figure also has only 1 track.  I can honestly say this will never be used in combat.  Ever.  In fact in MAV Halflings are the lowest in every category except to Tembrithil that has 3 casters, and one ranged elite, two of which have DR/1.

4.There is one unit that has a 13 DV for the faction.  3 other units if you include the alternate Roddy Warlord and Elite have a 12 DV, 2 more units including the other warlord and the most expensive soldier model have an 11 DV.  Everything else is lower, some by a lot.  In fact in category Halflings are either last or second to last.

5. The one uptake is they are the least expensive faction in the game.  But they also do not have a lot of very good units either so maybe more of a wash.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      A group of fuzzy feet from Stonehaven Miniatures.

The Bard:

The Mage:

Cousin to the Meat Man

The Wool Merchant:

The Half-Wench:

And lastly, why searching for picture references is fun in the age of memes, Moe the Barkeep:

(the reference)

• By Lidless Eye
      Arriving just in time for those quarantine blues, I got in the 2nd set of Imperial Halflings from The Assault Group's recent Kickstarter.

A Halfling Noble/Elder of the Moot/the entire reason I backed:

"Wash your hands, wash your feet, don't touch your face."

• By Gadgetman!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/halflings-gone-bad-volume-two/description

Story
      The world of Alberon, as ancient and unknowable as its timeless depths are, has few certainties for those that live in it, but ruin and corruption awaits all but a blessed few.  Halflings are, of course, no exception...
      The Western Wastelands beyond Midlam are a harsh unforgiving environment, that breeds a fierceness through necessity for survival alone.  It is thought that the first halflings to enter the Wastelands, did so unwillingly, captured by Hobgoblin Raiders some several hundred years ago.  
      It is reported that the Hogoblins thought that their small size would make them useful servants for all manner of tasks, but when the monstrous and unstoppable nature of their appetites became apparent, the halflings were stranded in the middle of the wasteland and left them to die.  
      That they didn't is some testament to the hidden reserves and ingenuity of these small folk, but they have not survived unscathed.  Their souls, often forsaken to unknowable gods, have changed as much as their bodies and minds.
      As a counterpoint to the Wasteland halflings, those that inhabit the town have found unusual niches, whether that be as criminal masterminds, pirates, anarchists, grave robbers and the somewhat cliched, but ever problematical, burglars.
      An Excerpt from 'The Robbit' by The Wizard R.R.R. Gudgrief
      Welcome to Halflings Gone Bad - Volume One!
      A collection of sixteen 28mm scale halflings from the wrong side of the elven forest tracks, for all of your fantasy miniature games.
      Welcome to our second Kickstarter to cover some of the more nefarious occupations and depths that halflings have stooped to.
      The worrying nature of the appearance of wasteland halflings, something seen as a threat to all halfling civilisation, combined with the new depths of depravity of halflings in Midlam has called for a new town council to be convened from amongst the artisans and workers of Halftown.
    • By Lihmeth
      Hello :)
      First time posting some of my painted stuff here, but I'd like some feedback. These two are the halfling sorceress and pirate adventurers from TTCombat's Halflings and Fantasy Friends kickstarter.
      They're my first resin models, and while fragile, they do have amazing detail. They're painted with vallejo paints, I recently got the vallejo nocturna red and skintone sets. They come with very nice guides as well.
      The sorceress is meant to be holding some sort of floating light source in her hand, so I tried to shade her with that in mind.

The pirate has a teeny monkey peeking out behind her feet :D so cute

Cheers,
      Lihmeth

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chickstaterii/tag-halfling-yeomen-of-the-yard

TAG - Halfling Yeomen of the Yard.
      28mm sized, Halfling Rooster Rider Miniatures for RPGs and Old-School Fantasy battles.
              About
      The Yeomen of the Yard.
      Join the TAG ChickStarter II
      Help us launch, The Yeomen of the Yard, Halfling Knights on armoured Rooster mounts.
      Ten 28mm Halfling miniatures, and four different armoured Roosters, with an Old School... favour.
        These new multi part models will be released as 6 packs.
      These are the full details.
      Halfling Wizard mounted & foot Halfling Lord mounted & foot Halfling Yeoman hero & herald Halfling Yeomen of the Yard Halfling Yeoman standard bearer & guard Armoured Roosters Pledge Levels
      Pledge £9.00
      Any one pack chosen from the six.
      Just want the Roosters, or one of the Characters takes your fancy? Then this is the Pledge for you.
      Pledge £18.00
      Something of a dabbler?
      Why not Pledge for any two packs that might suit your needs, check them out against your current models… see if they paint up well? 
      Very shrewd…
      Pledging £18.00 gives you this choice…
      Pledge £42.00
      Forget the fluff, all the meat. Ten mounted Halflings. A unit of hard-hitting armoured halflings on Roosters. Ideal for (s)mash-mouth wargamers…
      · Halfling Yeoman hero & herald · Halfling Yeomen of the Yard x 3 · Halfling Yeoman standard bearer & guard Plus, because we’re nice, we’ll add a Freebie miniature too... and... err...
       FREE SHIPPING! 
      Pledge £45.00
      One of each of the new models. Ten different halflings, eight mounted and two foot, plus, one of each of the Roosters extra. Covers all the bases.
      Halfling Wizard mounted & foot Halfling Lord mounted & foot  Halfling Yeoman hero & herald  Halfling Yeomen of the Yard  Halfling Yeoman standard bearer & guard Armoured Roosters  Plus, an exclusive Freebie miniature, & FREE SHIPPING!
      Pledge £80.00
      Two Units, or a Unit and a One of each & an extra pack of Roosters... or ten packs of Roosters (?!?) or any combination of ten packs that you’d care to put together.
      Plus two Freebies... & FREE SHIPPING!
      FREEBIE miniatures!
      TAG are giving away one Freebie Miniature with this Kickstarter. Currently its one for every approximately £45 Pledged. 
      Halfling Captain  Halfling Bard  You'll be free to choose which one of these you would like added for free, or you could choose from any on the TAG Freebie List, or you could exchange them for more minis for the range.
      Stretch Goals.
      £1000 – Double Up on Freebies. Instead of one Freebie we’ll double that up to two at the £42/£45 Levels, and 4 at the £80.00 Pledge level.
      £2000 – Make Exclusive Kickstarter Only mini. Previously on Kickstarter, we’ve sculpted some Exclusive minis for our Dwarves, Halfling and Zombies… at £1000, we’ll do this again and add the strictly limited-edition model, at all Pledge Levels.
      £3000 – Triple Freebies We’ve got a huge list, you’re welcome to pick form any of them. We'll add 3 at the £42/£45 Levels and 6 at the £80.00 Pledge Level.
      Shipping
      Postage on both the small Pledges is based on destination Country. 
      £4.00 for UK delivery,  £5.00 for EU,  £6.00 for Rest of the World destination. At the £42.00 level and above, all shipping, world wide is FREE!
      Delivery
      All Pledges will be Shipped by UK Post or UPS in January 2020
      Mini Size
      We here at TAG know that mini size and compatibility is very important to gamers so in an effort to show you  the size of our Halflings, I've scanned one here next to my old-school ruler... 
      ...and the Roosters too...
      Risks and challenges
      TAG, are a recognized miniature manufacturer of long standing, In the past 18 years once we commit to a Project, we always complete.
      As such we don't envisage any massive issue with this small ( 6 packs) Kickstarter.
      We have the Original models moulded, master-cast, and in pre-production, ready to move to full production, if and when, full Funding takes place.
      We have our own professional Mail Order facilities, and have completed on over a dozen Kickstarters, for TAG, and for many other small scale mini retailers here in the UK.
      As always, I'm sure there are a few ways we could cluck this up, but we promise that we'll work really hard, to make this a success, and if we don't you can give us a 'basting' on social media.
  • Who's Online   28 Members, 2 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)