Sign in to follow this  
Ode

Skoli figs

Once again mving the topic back to the top. I would really hate for Ron to forget to post the Skoli stats. That would be just horrible!

Lady Tam

Eh, I've faced the toad, conquered it, and now I command vast froggy hoards.

...at least at 10mm scale I do.

I'm ambivalent about the Skoli, but I'm willing to be convinced of the error of my ways.

convince convince convince convince convince convince convince convince convince convince convince convince convince convince convince convince convince convince convince convince convince convince convince convince convince convince convince

but no, seriously. if you're not into skoli, that's cool. more skoli minis for me. :cool:

I'm having a great time reading into the mini. the combination of "beauty" with features that are seen as "orcish" or "demonic" was really compelling for me. I really want to investigate the nature of the interactions between someone noble of character but demonic in appearance and people not of the race. The old enmities between & stereotypes of dwarves & elves are just kind of tired for me & don't seem intriguing anymore. The original skoli sculpts just brought out possibilities that weren't on the scene before. Here's hoping there's more & that they live up to the originals.

Well, from the old DHA game, there is some Skoli background.

Basically, they formed a massive empire over most of the continent.

Their magic was powerful, and often vile.

They enslaved all the other races.

One day, a rebellion took place, and in the midst of this, a great cataclysm occured. Most of the skoli were wiped out ( actually, according to game, for all purposes, they're extinct ).

Their magic is apparently the root ancestor of most necromantic magic in DH.

thanks for the background. here's hoping that there are a significant number of "good" skoli, even if they aren't the majority in their race (in reaper's world - my world, will of course differ).

Okay, re-reading the book again...

Finally reading it again, found it last night.

Well, It seems they only overtook Hakir/Jalahandra/the Adon desert at most. The sack of Besiac, the Skoli capital turned the desert into an even more blighted area. Nothing lives or survives in the surrounding areas. Big magical showdown and battle.

The info is scattered throughout the book, on the map page, and the pages for Hakir and Jalahandra.

The fall of Besiac marks the transition from the Old Age to the New Age, OA year 0 is the fall of Besiac.

-Daniel