Sign in to follow this  
Ode

Skoli figs

yowch! pretty vicious race there! ECL + 2?? hmm. have to think how this stacks up to tieflings and aasimar who are +1, but yeah. +2 might be appropriate.

In any case, the powerset hangs together well. I really like it. I especially like having a race with a bonus to Str without a penalty to Int. Big doesn't always equal dumb!

these will make a good enemy, tho' clearly I can't transfer Jesset over to these stats. With a natural armor bonus and all those ability bonuses (when she already had really good ability scores!) would be too monstrous.

Anyway, thanks for finally releasing them. Now I have months to think about how I want to use them in any 3E i wish to play.... bwahahahaha!

cd

--)->

Tragically, I have to let Ron provide ALL cookie information for you, as I am doing the Atkin's diet, and cannot actually have cookies. (unless you know how to make them without white, bleahed four and using Splenda ™ instead of sugar ) :wub:

Of course, if you do that, then Ron won't want any, and it was his hard work. . . .<_<

SO you better send the cookies to Ron, and I can just suffer, proud in the knowledge that I ....

*gets smacked by Ron*

Ow!. Ok. I'll shut p now

Now if I were to say, send cookies, Ron wuoldn't get any would he? he's not in texas but somewhere north and east if i recall correctly (or incorrecty)

Ah well then all is good. So if I can get the time to do this 'deed' they would go where they should. But since Robert has done most of the writing on skoli (As he was who I have bugged in the past for info.) he would be left out. :down: Which would be bad.

Ah ell then all is good. So if I can get the time to do this 'deed' they would go where they should. But since Robert has done most of the writing on skoli (As he was who I have bugged in the past for info.) he would be left out.  :down:  Which would be bad.

Um.... not exactly. While my esteemed collegue provided commentary on the Skoli it was I who penned it along with all the other racial entries.

Glad everybody enjoyed A Vicious Circle. I'd be interested to hear the participants' perspectives offlist (so as to avoid spoiler mishaps and irritating the higher-ups).

No offense taken. :poke:

>>ReaperWolf

Ah, my missunderstanding then. So are YOU in Texas?

Nope,

I'll give you a hint: I live right here (pointing to the middle of my right hand).

Lived here all of my life, thanks to email I don't have to live anywhere near Reaper HQ. Didn't make ReaperCon, too much to do. For the same reason I'm not attending Origins or Gen Con either. Next year for sure.

Regards,

>>ReaperWolf

<font color='#000000'>Ahem.

Okay, I've been lobbied to spill the beans on the Skoli.

Now, since I'm all for saving SOME secrets for the Player's Guide to Adon, I'm not giving you everything.

But....

Skoli were the dominant race of Adon during the Old Age.  Their empire, at its peak, stretched across Jalahandra, Breonne, Ritterlich, and the surrounding lands.  While they were not on friendly terms with the elves or the dwarves, the three races mostly kept to themselves and avoided contact.  

However, the race of man and the Skoli were never on friendly terms.  The Skoli pushed humans out of many lands, driving them north.  The only humans able to resist the encroachment of the Skoli were the Pharoah-Kings of Hakir.  The Skoli and the Pharoh-Kings warred for hundreds of years.  The Skoli Empire was far greater than that of the Pharoh-Kings, but the will of the Pharoh-Kings would not allow defeat.  They had built their empire upon the backs of thousands of slaves, and they threw thousands of warriors into battle heedless of the costs, so along as their kingdom survived.

The war eventually claimed both empires - the Pharoah-Kings and the Skoli - but hey, if I told you everything, you'd have nothing to look forward to.

In present-day Adon, Skoli are rare.  They live primarily in Hakir and Jalahandra, preferring the warm and dry climate to that of the more northern nation.  They are a shadow of their former selves - their empire all-but forgotten in the modern times, and the Skoli have never recovered.

(FYI, this is off the top of my head - so if this differs slightly to what finally goes into the Player's Guide to Adon, no one gets to complain- or else, no more teasers!)

--Robert E. Allen III

Reaper Miniatures Writing Monkey</font>

So, whatever did happen to this "Players Guide to Adon?" I'd love to see this book in print! :huh:

Ah! A topic near and dear to my heart...what ever DID happen to teh World of ADon book? And more Skoli information....? After all war games are cool and all...but some of "like" dungeons crawls and such. And would LOVE to have this book in our hot little hands.

Tam