Sign in to follow this  
Ode

Skoli figs

so, 3 strings walk into a bar, grab a table & make themselves comfortable for a long evening of drinking. (it being Boxing & Fastening Day, y'know)

But, after 20 minutes, they still haven't got a server to come to their table. So one of the strings heads up to the bar & says to the bar tender: "We need 2 shots of Cardhu & 1 of Lagavulin."

The bartender, with a condescending sneer, simply replies: "We don't serve strings here."

Crushed, the string returns to the table with a bruised ego. "He won't serve us," the string whined to his friend.

The second string stands up and says, "I'll get the drinks." Sliding up to the bar, the 2nd string pulls out a fifty & waves it casually around until the bartender is looking at him. "Well, hi there, sir. I was just hoping you could help me out with a few scotches. There seems to be a rumor that you weren't receptive to our order, but I'm sure that was just a misunderstanding," the string finishes as he sets the 50 note on the bar while raising a thready eyebrow.

"You're right," says the bartender as he pockets the 50, "there must be some confusion. I told your friend that we don't serve strings here - now scram!"

Indignant, but powerless, the second string return to the table & sits on the bench. "There's no way we're gonna get any drinks here. Let's just go."

"Uh-uh," says the third string confidently. I'll handle this. The third string pops off to the w.c., twists himself up taut and strong - giving him as much backbone as he'll ever have - and then sticks his head under a stream of water from the sink. Tussling his fuzzy, thready head, he looks in the mirror & nods to himself. Ready for the confrontation, he heads out of the w.c. and up to the bar.

"I want 3 of your best scotches!" the third string declares, making sure he's overheard by the patrons nearby.

"Look," starts the bartender, "if you're not a string, well then, I'm a skoli. Go on, fess up: you're a string!"

Staring straight back into the bartender's face, our hero slowly and clearly enunciates: "Nope. I'm a frayed knot!"

The moral? Play smarter, not harder. Especially if you're not first string.  :;):

[What? Yeah, i'll do the dishes in a minute. I was just adding something to a thread on the Reaper board. Of course it was on topic! who am i to ramble on about irrelevant tripe! Well, it was a joke. Well, no, but the thread was about skoli & the bartender mentioned skoli. That's on topic isn't it?]

once there was a skoli pc named iloks. now iloks was very upset you see. iloks didnt know what he was. he just sat there and wondered what his stat modifiers and special abilities where.

and the moral of the story was. "always know what a skoli is..."

I think they are laughing at us and taking great delight in torturing us. Tha's what I think. But I could be wrong. MAybe they really don't have the info down yet. Maybe we should have made Cedar get it! Ya! We could have made him into a "super spy" and he could have "lifted" the info for us!  ####! Hind-sight IS 20-20! Too late now. Guess someone els will have to make a pilgramage and get the info!

Lady Tam

Cedar the super spy!  You don't want to see me in a lycra cat suit, I can guarantee it.  Maybe more of the Tuxedo, wine sipping, charming spy type.  :cool: Yeah, that's the ticket.  Riiiiight.

.......Ya! We could have made him into a "super spy" and he could have "lifted" the info for us! †####! Hind-sight IS 20-20! .....

Given the current state of the RPG market i think we have to say "Hindsight is D20-20"

- 'D20' is subject to the Open Gaming licence and the use of the phrase 'D20' in the above attemptedly humurous sentence in no way makes a claim to ownership of the licence to said D20.

Given the current state of the RPG market i think we have to say "Hindsight is D20-20"

- 'D20' is subject to the Open Gaming licence and the use of the phrase 'D20' in the above attemptedly humurous sentence in no way makes a claim to ownership of the licence to said D20.

lol :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Well,  no. I am sure there is a good reason why it's not up yet. Maybe after seeing what we've discussed they have decided to add some of our "brilliant" idea to the race! :D  Or maybe, Ron has just been super, super busy. (Maybe he is stowing away in Kit's luggage and is going to Europe too! Oh! I am sorry Ron! you din't want Kit to know that did you! :laugh: )

Lady Tam

Ooo, there's a mini..."The Luggage", a la Rincewind.

I'll gladly second that!  

What about an agreement with Mr. Pratchet to do a line of minis?  Gotta have the Silver Horde and Granny Weatherwax.  

Hey where are the crones anyway?  I don't see anybody between the ages of 27 and 450.

Someone already did the Discworld minis, though I'm buggered if I can remember who it was at the moment.  I've got Rincewind, and I use him as Doctor Lucky, in the Cheapass Games where I'm trying to kill or save him.

Right, so back to the topic at hand:

will the skoli be a true PC race ie, relatively balanced with other PC races, or will they have special qualities (a la Drow) that make them wonderful opponents, but unbalance them as PC's?

Any guesses?

And what will their preferred class be? If they have a history of powerful magic (as suggested by some Reaper materials) it might be Wizard or Cleric. But the minis sculpted so far both seem to be very martial in nature. Does that mean fighter/ ranger/ paladin/ barbarian/ or war priest?

the overlap puts the best bet on war priest, but what are others' feelings?

my guess as to ability bonuses: Dex or Int - they look lithe, not hulking, but the history of magic might mean Int.

ability penalty? Probably Cha. Any other theories?

I'm with you CD.

Charisma penalty -2; Does not play well with others.

Constitution +1; Lives in desert and jungles. Has to be tough.

Intelligence +1 or 2; powerful background as magic users.

No spell failure penalties for light armor.

Hey, this is fun

:laugh: