• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Talae
      I picked up an airbrush kit on sale back in November. It came with two brushes, a compressor, and some other stuff.

Here is a picture:

The brush that I have been using mostly so far is the Badger Patriot 105. I say mostly because I have sprayed paint through it more than once, lol. I started with the bottom fed one (the 350) for one sitting of like 30 minutes, then tried another sitting with the 105 for like 30 minutes.

I have since used the 105 for something like three sittings of 30-60 minutes. My total airbrush experience is something like 2.5 hours plus another 1.5 hours of cleaning and practice assembly.

I have primarily just tried primers. The latest attempt has been applying Vallejo Surface Primer (black) to some of the graveyard set, namely the crypt and the fencing.

Here are those results (minus a rogue golem arm that missed being airbrushed until I cleaned up and was later brushed with the same color in order to prevent having to clean the airbrush for one piece):

I am thinking that I might try and use my Dwarven Forge paints to make this match the Dungeon terrain I have, but am not sure yet...and if I do go that route, would it be better to go with my typical dry rush route or should I be trying to apply colors on top of this with the airbrush? Or is there a different approach that I should be taking?
    • By Guyscanwefocusplease
      Hi all,

It's been awhile since I have painted!  Summers are always busy for me.

A few months back I was approached by an old friend who got back into DnD.  He started to buy some minis, and I showed him my profile here.

Back in June, he called me to ask if I would be interested in painting a special character for his campaign- Harshnag the frost giant.  The mini looked cool and I really wanted to help him out, so I said bring it on!

It's taken me far too long to do this, but you know what? I kind of like re-paints.  There's a level of pressure that's taken off with color choice that is really nice.

Anyway, I didn't take many pictures, but here are a few.

This is what arrived- pre-painted from WOTC, but only color blocking (ans often a bit sloppy in places). The whole thing would need to be painted over since I'd probably mess up color matching.

Here's after having done steps 1-10 or so.  Model mostly re-painted and shaded, highlighted, and drybrushed where it needs to be.  Still some work to do on the leather. Also decided to add in some bronze for a pop of color- though my buddy specified he wants it weathered and worn down.

Here we are after doing the verdigris.  The chainmail will be rusted as well- after doing the final verdigris highlights I'll move to the chainmail.

I really like the messy verdigris look- I think it draws my eyes to it more, though I'll be continuing to refine a range of verdigris effects in this and future works.  The nice thing is I am working on a quick and dirty verdigris technique that I think works really well!

Anyway, enjoy! C&C welcome as always.
    • By Skrill
      Hi all,
      Here is my take on the Graveyard Golem that came with the Crypt expansion in Bones 3.

I tried to give its eyes an eerie glow to show what evil animates it and it also matches the glow in painted on the runes inside the crypt. (http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/77887-crypt-graveyard-expansion/)

• By Guyscanwefocusplease
      After ~6 months of not being able to work on projects, I present my first finished project of 2018- an ancient skeleton horde!

The goals of the project were to:
      (1) Start out with a bang in my goal to paint 52 minis this year
      (2) Add a good deal more skeletons for horde encounters in an upcoming tabletop RPG I am running
      (3) Get more practice with OSL in a setting that allowed me to try multiple techniques on similar models quickly (eyes)
      (4) Try my hand at verdigris, again trying multiple techniques to see what I like best
      (5) Try out doing weapons/armor chipping and weathering.

Happy to say all 5 goals were met (just took a long time)!  This was a tabletop-level project, so while they aren't perfect, they are "good enough".

Please let me know what you think- I relish C&C as it is a critical step in making me a better painter.

I also have a question: I need to seal these guys.  I want to use a matte sealer for the skeletons themselves (you can see the gloss from where I used quickshade), but I don't want to dull the metals on the arms and armor.  What matte brush on sealers does everyone prefer?

Thanks for looking!

• By Glitterwolf
      I created a little Graveyard.
      The Crypt and the Raven are resin models from Minimonsters, the Skeleton rising from the grave is 02043 from Reaper.
      The Tombstones and Fence are from the Reaper Bones III Graveyard Set.
      The pathway was made with Milliput and I used the Greenstuffworld Cobblestone Rollerpin on it.

Enjoy!
      Likes, comments and job offerings to lead Undead Hordes welcome!

WIP Here:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-children-of-the-grave-by-glitterwolf/&page=6

• Who's Online   33 Members, 2 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)