Getting to Know Each Other - June

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

June 6th: What is your usual choice of footwear? Does it change depending on the season? If you could only keep one pair of shoes that you own, which would it be?

Loafers, I don't like tying shoelaces.

Although I do have a pair of hiking boots for when the weather is snowy/icy and I need better traction.

• Like 3
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find your lack of tolerance                                               Disturbing....   The inspiration for the piece... Prepare for disintegration....   L

Finish Bones 4 sculpts Finish sculpts for two other mfgrs (can't say who yet) Take care of my garden Clean up the landscaping Clean out the garage Attend scout camp

any questions? 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, OneBoot said:

In case Mori isn't able to post a question today, I shall offer an optional alternative set of questions:

June 6th: What is your usual choice of footwear? Does it change depending on the season? If you could only keep one pair of shoes that you own, which would it be? 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

In order of decreasing preference:

1. Bare (at home and in my yard)
  2. Sandals (whenever I can get away with it)
  3. Loafers (for work and other non active public things where sandals are frowned upon)
  4. Athletic shoes
  5. Hiking boots
  6. Wellingtons
  7. Dress shoes (shudder)
  • Like 8

In case Mori isn't able to post a question today, I shall offer an optional alternative set of questions:

Huzzah!

Greatly appreciated, friend! I was hoping June would be calmer than April or May. :rolleyes:

Barefoot! I can't do that at work though, so I wear my Docs every day. With jeans or dresses. Don't care.

If I could only keep one pair, I'd be torn between those Docs and my Merrell hiking boots.

• Like 6

Huzzah!

Barefoot, I hate shoes. If I have to wear shoes, my Converse.

A bit, I'm not allowed to wear flip flops in the winter and boots really aren't a summer thing.

My teal pair of hightop Converse, or maybe my hiking shoes. Converse really aren't great for hiking, learned that the hard way.

• Like 6
3 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Huzzah!

Birkenstock sandals.

No.

I only own two pairs of shoes, and the others hurt my feet... sooooo...

I hate shoe shopping.

• Like 6

Huzzah!

I have a pair of comfortable sneakers that are my go to. It depends more on my feet than the season, I love my flats for the summer but can't wear them all the time because I have bad arches. And if I could only keep one pair it'd be my sneakers because I'm all for comfort over fashion.

• Like 4
On 6/4/2017 at 10:49 PM, Morihalda said:

June 5th -

Do you have a favorite color? Do you have a favorite color to paint your minis? Are they the same color?

Favorite color would have to be purple.

I don't think I have an actual favorite to paint on a mini.  It's whatever I think will look good at the time.

Huzzah!

If I have to wear shoes it's my sneakers.  I only ever own one pair at a time.  In fact when it was decided that I had to wear dress shoes for my dad's wedding they had to buy me a pair.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, OneBoot said:

I usually wear Birkenstocks because they're awesome for my feet. I'll keep a pair for years before getting new ones, though that's usually down to me being ornery more than anything else. When I get a new pair, the old ones become outside working shoes. You'd think ants would be a problem but there's been no issue yet.

One pair of shoes? If we're talking about being in the woods a lot or apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic living, I'd have to choose my steel-toed Ariats. That whole company is amazing. Not a bad pair of boots in sight. Plus, they wear like tennis shoes. Someone at Ariat used to work at New Balance, left, and now we have the best boots ever - I could be wrong about parts of that but that's how it was told to me.

If we aren't talking about roughing it or being in the cold, I guess I'd keep my Birkenstocks.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Huzzah!

Boots of some form. Of late, it's been my docs.

... not.. really? I wear sandals occasionally, and dress shoes when needed, but most times.. boots. The quest for comfortable dress shoes has had mixed results. :/

Probably the docs. They're sturdy, comfortable and come with steel toes; suitable for most applications.

(I got tired of going through a pair of boots every year and bought those a few years ago. Problem solved).

• Like 6
5 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Huzzah!

Foots, if possible. Otherwise, I have a pair of extremely comfortable steel-toed shoes that I wear everywhere.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Huzzah!

At work, I vary between leather shoes and sneakers, depending on.... well, random whim, and what else I'm wearing. If I could only keep one pair, I might actually have to pick a comfy, broken in set of brown leather shoes, on the grounds that they are appropriate for more occasions than athletic shoes,etc. It would make running / jumping tricky though.

At home, I tend to wander about the house in socks, but no shoes.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 3
6 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Huzzah!

I usually have a fairly limited number of shoes anyway.

at the moment I have 1 pair of new balance sneakers which I wear almost every day.

I have 1 pair of mostly ruined cheap boots used if the other shoes are soaked.

1 pair of knee high rubber snow boots that are nearly 15 years old. for use when snow exceeds 6 inches only.

if I could only keep one pair of shoes I would likely go with a good pair of light boots.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, OneBoot said:

I wear one style if shoes.  Ecco Atlanta (I think).  I ha e two pair, one brown, one black.  They are the best style of shoe that I've ever owned and I gear the day the become unavailable. 

I also have a pair of sanded that I wear when appropriate. 

• Like 2

Barefeet!! Thou when I do wear, my usual choice depends on what I'm doing: casual-probably athletic shoes like running shoes or sneakers. Thou I switch that up with sandals when the weather gets warmer. Work it's my work boots. I don't wear slippers so it's socks in the winter when I'm not wearing shoes.

Reminds me I need a new pair of sneakers as my other ones are running a bit thin in the soles.

Keepers would be my work boots. I've had those for 3 years now. Holding up quite nicely.

• Like 4