Hey guys! I am looking to recreate The Heroes of the Lance from the Dragonlance books. I was wondering which miniatures people would suggest ( from Reaper only ) and why?

Thanks!

You might want to add in Darksword to the mix as they have some excellent not-Dragonlance sculpts in their range.

• Like 1

i know. I have seen them and they are nice. part of the challenge though is to do it all reaper.

23 hours ago, haldir said:

You might want to add in Darksword to the mix as they have some excellent not-Dragonlance sculpts in their range.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlazingTornado said:

I have Raistlin ( which I am going to use the very same miniature you suggested ) and I think Tanis figured out. Tasslehoff I think is going to be problematic.

My idea for Tanis.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/bow/sku-down/77090#detail/IG_3563_1

Edited by JokeroftheWeb

Even Dark Sword hasn't bothered with Tas.

Tanis, yeah, Mason Thornwarden's the best bet.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/mason thornwarden/sku-down/77090

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/mason thornwarden/sku-down/03500

Don't really see anything that'd work for Sturm or Caramon.

26 minutes ago, BlazingTornado said:

Even Dark Sword hasn't bothered with Tas.

Tanis, yeah, Mason Thornwarden's the best bet.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/mason thornwarden/sku-down/77090

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/mason thornwarden/sku-down/03500

Don't really see anything that'd work for Sturm or Caramon.

I am more than willing to do some conversion work as well, I can swap out a head or two lol.

7 minutes ago, BlazingTornado said:

Caramon's left-handedness complicates things though.

Get a mini that has nothing in his left hand ( a monk maybe ), remove left hand. glue onto caramon-ish miniature after original has been removed. alter left hand with sword from another mini. Boom!

Replacing hands that went missing was my first step into doing conversions lol.

03433: Corim the Kestrel, Gnome Sorcerer might work for Tas with a bit of conversion work on the hands and a custom made hoopak.

Sturm:

02113: Sir Falco Steelcross

02113_G.jpg

The armor makes this work.  Would need to add the mustache, but that would be easy.

• Like 2

I'm interested in this, as I have thought about the same over the years, but never got around to it. 

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Sturm:

02113: Sir Falco Steelcross

02113_G.jpg

The armor makes this work.  Would need to add the mustache, but that would be easy.

could maybe swap out the head as well for something with an appropriately horned helmet

12 hours ago, DocPiske said:

03433: Corim the Kestrel, Gnome Sorcerer might work for Tas with a bit of conversion work on the hands and a custom made hoopak.

https://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/gnome/latest/03433

This? I like the face, but this would need a lot of work, which I am not opposed to but would like something simpler. also, might be too short for tass.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chris Palmer
      While I love the Mossbeard Treeman figure from the Bones 4 Kickstarter, it always bothered me a little that his arms, as sculpted, grew from narrower at the shoulder to thicker at the wrist.  This just looked unnatural to me since both branches and arms tend to grow from thicker at the shoulders to thinner near the ends.

So this week I began working n revering his arms, so they would connect to his body in a more natural, to my eye, arrangement.

I began by slicing off the existing  external connector pegs.  This was made easier by soaking them in boiling water for 30-40 seconds (As Ed Pugh suggested to do with the Chicken Hut legs on a recent Reaper Live), after which it was a breeze to slice right through them.

Test fitting.

I then glued the pegs I had cut off back into the holes they were intended to go into to full those holes.  After the glue was set, I drilled some holes in the shoulder connections to peg them with sections of doweling.  After that, I glued the hands to the new wrist joints.  

My next step is to blend the hands to the wrists  with some greenstuff, and then I'll glue the arms in place.

• By Chris Palmer
      I was excited to get the Stygian Barge Add-On from the recent Bones 4 Kickstarter, and I was not disappointed in the model when it arrived.  It is a truly beautiful and big ship.    However, I didn't necessarily want to use the barge in all its Stygian glory; it looked more like a Necromancer's yacht than anything else.  I wanted more of a plain everyday working barge.  I figured a plain barge would have much more game use than one specifically decked out in death-related motifs.  So, the first thing I set about doing was looking over the pieces to see just what removing all the skulls, etc. would involve.  With a little effort it seems like it just might work.

The main conversions were to lay a wood deck over the bone-strewn central deck, remove the decorative skeletons on the awning posts, and the vertebrate from the main roof beam.  I also discarded the skeletal mermaid figurehead, and trimmed off most of the other decorative skulls.
        For the full conversion article, please see my blog: De-Necro-ing the Stygian Barge

• By waska
      Is there a conversion chart somewhere or a list of colors for the HD lines and how they map to the 'new' Bones HD line replacement? I am trying to compare colors and all charts online utilize the HD line and not sure how I can tie in the HD line with the Bones HD lines which I have.

This is the conversion chart I am using and as you can see there is only the HD line. So trying to figure out which of the Bones HD to substitute in.
      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xl-x9eW3bLw5eqDeNUG2JUwn2EZwn34TDKfNIg5uul4/edit#gid=8

Thanks all for your input.

Reaper Bones: 

HD Set 1:

HD Set 2:

HD Set 3:

• By Thrym
      Once again my buddy with the minotaur character fixation asked me to find a minotaur for him that I can convert into a monk.  Given that most are armed and armored ... I understood his dilemma. 

Thrym's Table presents:

Spellcrow Minotaur as
      Minotaur Monk

Original marketing image; copyright Spellcrow Miniatures.

The first things that had to go were the axes.  The hands were attached to axes on a separate sprue and made it easy to remove them.  Next I drilled out the old handle and cleaned up the pins to the wrists.

Fairly easy so far.  I did it during game night while playing Talisman.  I was the Sprite.

Next I pared back the horns to create a pin and to create a better profile.  The stock horns seemed a bit out of proportion to him.  When I got home my original plan was to place pieces of mini cable ties to create a Karnak look for his fists.  The cable tie I started with worked to a point but wouldn't lay flat enough to his hand.  So time for idea #2, wire.  

As you can see, Karnak has bands around his hands.

That worked well.  That gave me the idea for a necklace or medallion swinging away from him.

Here he is...

Enjoy and stay tuned.  
    • By Zandoria
      PuzzleLock is 3d printable terrain for creating dimensional maps for your RPG games. The tiles connect together on the tabletop like a jigsaw puzzle! I have already created and tested PuzzleLock Caves and PuzzleLock Dungeons, now I am running a Kickstarter to raise funds to create additional playsets.  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zandoria/puzzlelock-playsets
      We are 298% funded in our second week! I hope that you will check it out!

• Who's Online   46 Members, 4 Anonymous, 54 Guests (See full list)