77159 Ghast 77144 Mummy Toy Box Minis

KruleBear

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, malefactus said:

The Deadites look TERRIFIC. The quick shade makes quite a difference. EXCELLENT WORK!

Does KruleCub still get to play with them?

Thanks Malefactus. Yeah he definately gets to play with them...I am not a fan of the human sized Bones minis for my purposes (I feel prep is a pain in the rear), so they are either his or bits to be canabalized.  In fact I may have gotten better pictures if he wasn't in such a hurry to paint them. 

We did have a minor melt down though when I gave them to him as he couldn't find the four bones Zombies we'd painted earlier to play with them. 

i like the effect of the Quickshade (first time I used it), but may stick with their ink when I do the Zombicide minis as I feel I had more control with the water soluable ink. 

4 hours ago, tiniest rhombus said:

They look great! Your 4 yr old is quite the talented painter. Quick shade sure is nice for finishing off some quick mooks. 

Thanks. We will see about talent! Lol. He is gotten much better at getting an even coat on the mini and it is good as he takes ownership in the finished mini as he helped Daddy paint it. 

• Like 4

Thanks. i feel the longer I can keep him excited about tactile activities instead of video games the happier I will be.

I found another one of the ghasts and wanted to try a different paint scheme for my zombicide zombies. i primed it with Army Painter necrotic flesh primer and set it aside to dry. I came back the next day and he was GONE! 

The KruleBear cub said he was playing with him, because he was cool...nut he forgot where he put them. i eventually found him. He had succumbed to a terrible avalanche and was buried under a pile of Dwarven Forgedmountain tiles. ::D:It really made me smile that we are both having fun with all the hobby stuff I had aquired. 

Edited by KruleBear
  • Like 4

Lol. Thanks Xherman

Still struggling with the skin tones I want to use on my Zombicide zombies. I found another Reaper Bones ghast in the pile, so tried what I was planning for my standard zombies. Basically primed the skin with Army Painter Necrotic Flesh primer and washed with AP dark tone dip. I like the look, but not for the basic zombies. I will probably use this for the season two toxic zombies. I think I will try a pale flesh of light gray for the standard zombies. 

Btw--this guy was apparently born without eyes. 

Little Bear said this one is the boss because he is green. 

image.jpeg.80316d83ecbfd233a9c1ab8e3d844922.jpegimage.jpeg.c9f40a5b8719ddfd8a8a842db63ef6c0.jpeg
Happy Independence Day to the US folks.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Pineapple said:

I love the things you never could've guessed they'll say.

You know it. When we were painting his actual zombies together a few months ago, he educated me that the color of the zombie determines if they are good guys or bad guys...who knew. Apparently you learn all kinds of things from watching endless repeats of Scooby Doo.