ThePolo

Mal'adrakar, Bones III... Probably a long one.

This will be fun.  *grabs popcorn, a beer, and throws some more beer in the fridge*

• Like 1

You're off to a great start!  I'm pretty sure a lot of us are "that old" around here...  ;)

looking forward to following along. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Egg of Coot said:

Looks good so far.  What make of colored primer are you using?

I kind of buried it in the description. I used Citadel black primer and Army Painter Red. Citadel's not my favorite, but it was perfect over the red for some reason. It was my first time using the Army Painter spray, and it dried really nice and even, with good thin coverage. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThePolo said:

I kind of buried it in the description. I used Citadel black primer and Army Painter Red. Citadel's not my favorite, but it was perfect over the red for some reason. It was my first time using the Army Painter spray, and it dried really nice and even, with good thin coverage. 

OK, I missed that somehow.  I was eyeing up the Army Painter sprays the other day with this particular project in mind.

The Egg

Edited by Egg of Coot

I'm happy with them, honestly. I got a 'Bone' colored one for some army priming, as well, and it covers nicely on plastic and metal, too. 

• Like 1

Making some progress... I added a few layers to the green dragon head. Then washed, then layered some more!

IMG_0528.thumb.JPG.2ac2bbdcf1f6c9863ef31a2ce8d194d7.JPG  IMG_0532.thumb.JPG.19b8fd32b153aa5b02f4e834631f7ddd.JPG

IMG_0535.thumb.JPG.3b6d096216816ba88ce4d50d4e8759d8.JPG  IMG_0537.thumb.JPG.c96dc49a36b82847510a039e45bbd474.JPG

I've decided to take the necks to a pretty firm transition, then either blend them in later, or airbrush the 'fade' to the red of the body. I'm still on the fence with that one. We'll see what happens when I finish all four heads.

• Like 16

makes me wish I had ordered one of those. when I first laid eyes on it in the kickstarter I thought "my I am not ever going to want to paint something that big. " but now I find myself saying "man I wish I had ordered that so I could paint something that big."

• Like 3

17 hours ago, viking_hank said:

makes me wish I had ordered one of those. when I first laid eyes on it in the kickstarter I thought "my I am not ever going to want to paint something that big. " but now I find myself saying "man I wish I had ordered that so I could paint something that big."

Really hoping its released in time for Christmas so I can put it on my Christmas list.  Sadly I missed Bones III entirely.  :(

• Like 1

On 6/9/2017 at 0:42 PM, Bane Of Humanity said:

Say what brand of colored primer did you use?  Spray can primer?

I'll be using the airbrush on the body, I think... just to do some shading.