Now that summer is here and I'm not teaching anymore, I'm finally poised to finally finish my Black Plague zombies.  Did three sets of seven and the abomination that I'm about to post.  Fatties, male walkers, female walkers.  Here are the fatties first with their base coats, then with Army Painter quick shade applied.  Matte varnish to come and then highlighting.

fattiesB1.thumb.JPG.efdab94ccb773c90c10f2142008b20cc.JPGfattiesB1b.thumb.JPG.9cc92473f76f51a1a6059eb41e4fb3de.JPGfattiesB2.thumb.JPG.9ddf2fdfb075777275e2096de9d4babf.JPGfattiesb2b.thumb.JPG.273ec9e17c69b9e95804feb76fbd54ed.JPG

Edited by Genghis_Sean
  • Like 8
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By R2ED
      Worked this one for a good, long while.  I am really happy with the cape and takign the time to layer it carefully.  I tried to use the method of using dark colors on the exterior areas and use brighter colors where to draw the eye.  I also am super happy with the edge highlighting and small details in this one.  It took me a while to do the layers, but the outcome was well worth it.

I'm leaving the process below in photos on progress.  

Let me know if you have any feedback or areas I could improve.  

• By R2ED
      It's the weekend, so you know what time it is...

BATTLE REPORT!

Along with all the Bones 5 I bought, there was a special on some Zombicide minis that were just too good to not buy.  This is one of the many that are in there, and I'm stoked to get this one done.

Wins:
      * Continuing my use of drybrushing and being very successful.  Did an overbrush this time to start with a dark brown.  Then drybrushed to orange brown.  Then lightened up to buff.  Worked great!
      *  Saving the last color for last - flat flesh.  I mixed this with matte medium and watered it down to kind of filter it and just use it to highlight the base colors.  Big win!
      *  Went back around with some nuln oil to darken down just the deep recesses and area between the muscles.  Starting to use the washes sparingly and only in very specific areas.  Also getting a better grasp on using which wash for what job.  
      *  Used Agrax Earthshade to create a transition between the fur and the body.  Win!
      *  The fur was the same 2 base colors as the skin, but then lightened up with gray.  Then taking the gray up another notch with white very lightly.  Then EVEN LIGHTER adding white in peaks and areas near the face.  
      *  The mouth is a combination of brown, then a purple ink, then breast cancer awareness pink mixed with a little of that purple to get the tongue.  Looks nice and dangerous!

Misses:
      *  I had another hard time with the nails on this guy.  I didn't want them dark, nor did I want them too dirty looking, so I had to use something lighter.  I feel like the grey is a fail, but it blends in.  
      *  Eyes were a mix of bone white, gray, and black dot.  Not impressed with it.  Something ominous and glowing would be better. 
      *  Got a little carried away on the werewolf's left ribcage.  I was using the drybrush to find the volumes, but thought, hey that needs some highlighting.  Wrong.  Right above the ribs there's a bit too much buff color.  Wah wah.

This guy came out great.  Even with a few errors in there, I'm super happy with the results and love using the matte/paint mix to blend in.  

As always - I love and grow from any feedback.  Send it my way - I gain a lot from it.
    • By R2ED
      It's the weekend, so you know what time it is...

BATTLE REPORT!

Along with all the Bones 5 I bought, there was a special on some Zombicide minis that were just too good to not buy.  This is one of the many that are in there, and I'm stoked to get this one done.

Wins:
      * Continuing my use of drybrushing and being very successful.  Did an overbrush this time to start with a dark brown.  Then drybrushed to orange brown.  Then lightened up to buff.  Worked great!
      *  Saving the last color for last - flat flesh.  I mixed this with matte medium and watered it down to kind of filter it and just use it to highlight the base colors.  Big win!
      *  Went back around with some nuln oil to darken down just the deep recesses and area between the muscles.  Starting to use the washes sparingly and only in very specific areas.  Also getting a better grasp on using which wash for what job.  
      *  Used Agrax Earthshade to create a transition between the fur and the body.  Win!
      *  The fur was the same 2 base colors as the skin, but then lightened up with gray.  Then taking the gray up another notch with white very lightly.  Then EVEN LIGHTER adding white in peaks and areas near the face.  
      *  The mouth is a combination of brown, then a purple ink, then breast cancer awareness pink mixed with a little of that purple to get the tongue.  Looks nice and dangerous!

Misses:
      *  I had another hard time with the nails on this guy.  I didn't want them dark, nor did I want them too dirty looking, so I had to use something lighter.  I feel like the grey is a fail, but it blends in.  
      *  Eyes were a mix of bone white, gray, and black dot.  Not impressed with it.  Something ominous and glowing would be better. 
      *  Got a little carried away on the werewolf's left ribcage.  I was using the drybrush to find the volumes, but thought, hey that needs some highlighting.  Wrong.  Right above the ribs there's a bit too much buff color.  Wah wah.

This guy came out great.  Even with a few errors in there, I'm super happy with the results and love using the matte/paint mix to blend in.  

As always - I love and grow from any feedback.  Send it my way - I gain a lot from it.
    • By lazarp
      Fun fact! Like most zombicide minis, this sculpt was inspired by a fantasy character. In this case it is Isabeau from the movie Ladyhawke played by Michelle Pfeiffer. 

I've painted this mini to be my new ranger named Michelle in my Rangers of Shadowdeep campaign. I had a lot of fun highlighting her dress. Hope you like her! 

(click on the image for better quality)

• By lazarp
      Painted some zombies for my Rangers of Shadowdeep games, they were quick and fun to paint 

• Who's Online   22 Members, 1 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)