Reaper Bones 3: Fire Giant Jailor

DMAgamus

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love that OSL and the red hot hammer.

Suddenly, Thor's Mjolnir with its lightning powers doesn't look that impressive if this fellow has a his own fire hammer.

I see you also managed to attach that dagger and barrel on him. Those bits baffled me as the attachment points weren't obvious, and the preview art showed them separately.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Thrym
      Okay, I picked up this particular cloud giant at 40% off in the clearance section at the local FLGS. First section I hit when I get there every few-to-six months.

It's been sitting here next to my chair in the living room under consideration for addition to the Joten Horde for a bit.  One of the first things I was concerned with was the color under the translucent "air" effects.  When I paint the skin the spot under the "air" will look different than the skin tones.

So after some internal debate about how to proceed with everything I figure the clear effects needed to be dismantled and the cloak needs to come off so I can get at his right arm.

This is where I learned that WizKids/Gale Force decided to take a shortcut on getting the effects of the air.  ... *facepalm*

The entire miniature is made of translucent material and they just "primed" the non-air parts.  There's one exception to this; the ruff around the neck.

That means the head, the hand, and the legs where the other translucent effects exist are not multiple pieces as I had originally imagined, but are, in fact, one piece each.  Arg...

I'll be disassembling the ruff as well as the "pauldron" so I can at least paint under that piece of "air."

Anyway, stay tuned and enjoy.  We'll see what I can wrestle out of this.

Ps:  The jewelry on the face reminds me of the emperor from the movie "300."

• By Grand Slam
      I've been working on this guy for the better part of a month and just finished him tonight. He was a blast to paint, and I'm pretty happy with the finished product. The green wrappings could have probably used some more intense highlighting, but I'm not gonna lose sleep over it.

Initially, I wasn't a big fan of the vultures (I put them off until the very last phase of painting). But, one I got some paint in them, they grew on me.

• By vulture
      Last one for a bit, I swear! This one isn't a Reaper mini, but I had to share it because it is actually seeing game time! I am using it as the BBEG for the excellent introductory module "A Most Potent Brew" by Winghorn press. My kiddos have just encountered this beast, and it definitely spooked them a bit! Next session is the climactic final battle! I have a poster of the dungeon and everything - it has been really fun so far, and I plan on using it as a lead in for LMoP. If they survive.

• By Metalchaos
      Hey everyone, here's 02953, Cyclops sculpted by Tim Prow. It stands on a 25mm base and is 40mm tall to the top of the head. I've wanted to paint this model for a long time, it's been patiently waiting on the shelf for months. I finally found time to complete it last night during a late night session. I painted the grass on the base so it would look like orange tundra moss instead of regular green broccoli. What do you think?

• By jwitham75
      Bringing the heat to Frostgrave.

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)