Sign in to follow this  
Eternalhero1983

14570: Dark Elf Warrior

Very nice.  To increase the highlights and deepen the shadows, you might adjust the contrast of the picture in a graphics program.  I've had great results with Paintshop Pro to make the photo better match the actual colors and shading of the model.  
    Also, Given the dark, emotionally cold, often evil nature of dark elves, I feel the bright, cheerful green grass should be replaced with a more suitable base.  The sharp, jagged, and uninviting edges of pine bark would better represent the atmosphere the model needs.  If you do use grass, I'd invest in the light tan or otherwise dry, dead grass.  Please take these as constructive criticism.

-Pat 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lazarp
      Quick and easy speedpaint. Thanks for looking!

• By lazarp
      This is my version of a Games workshop Aragorn. I didn't want to paint him as Aragorn since I have two of these same minis so I decide to go for a purple skinned, white haired drow ranger.  I'm going to use him as a swordsman named Vigo in my Rangers of Shadowdeep games.
      This mini was a blast to paint, I like how the highlights turned out. Thanks for looking!

Unpainted mini:

• By Mocha
      Hi folks!

Today I started painting #03836 "Jakob Janssen, Monk" for our friend Jakob. Sending him some good vibes during this time and excited to finish this and ship it his way! I started with skintones and I'm currently working on painting him with a big ol' George Clooney smile  

I want to finalize my color scheme but I'm really struggling! Many great painters have already posted photos of their version of this mini and I want to do something different than what's already been done. Here are the three I'm considering:

The traditional Shaolin monk color scheme Iron Fist (Marvel) color scheme? (green & yellow) Halfling Monk (Pathfinder) color scheme? (green, red/orange, yellow with freehand insanity) Others??  
      HALP! The more options I research, the less decisive I get. Going to check back in tonight to see what folks think since I'll need to decide before my livestream tomorrow morning. At the end of the day, no matter what color scheme I choose, I'll do my absolute best to make sure it's something that will hopefully bring @JakobJanssen some creative joy   I'll check back in soon. Thanks in advance for your thoughts & suggestions!! 

--Mocha

• By Neptune1999
      This finally gave me something to use my larger Games Workshop skulls on. I may try to give his hair another highlight of something brighter, as it looks pretty dull at the moment. A fun evil mage that I hope to use as a boss battle one day.

• By Citrine
      In my quest to paint up every race class combination, I tackled this fun mini from Oathsworn Miniatures.  One bad thing about pre-painting dragonborn is that they have unique powers based on their dragon color, so how likely is it that someone want to pick this mini in blue for the character?  Oh well, another one down!

• Who's Online   33 Members, 2 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)