Sign in to follow this  
odinsgrandson

MMO Cake Topper

I met my wife at the game store at a weekly role playing game. I had just moved into town, and the first thing I did was check out the local comic shops- and the 'manager' invited me to game on Thursday. That group is still close, and we still play every Thursday (although a few players have moved away). Her wedding dress had dragons embroidered onto it.

It is reasons like these that I wish I had started making cake toppers before I got married. I'd have had quite a lot to work with.

Here's a couple that were a little like us- they met through gaming and had me match some of the gear and costumes of their characters.

Topper-MMO-characters.jpg?i=1954656949

topper-mmo-angle-2.jpg?i=813561498

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, odinsgrandson said:

I met my wife at the game store at a weekly role playing game. I had just moved into town, and the first thing I did was check out the local comic shops- and the 'manager' invited me to game on Thursday. That group is still close, and we still play every Thursday (although a few players have moved away). Her wedding dress had dragons embroidered onto it.

It is reasons like these that I wish I had started making cake toppers before I got married. I'd have had quite a lot to work with.

Here's a couple that were a little like us- they met through gaming and had me match some of the gear and costumes of their characters.

Topper-MMO-characters.jpg?i=1954656949

topper-mmo-angle-2.jpg?i=813561498

As usual, they look great.

And you could always whip up a set for you next "X Anniversary Cake"! 

• Like 6

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By odinsgrandson
      My wife told me that it is her favorite of the toppers I've made.  I suppose she's not alone in that, since another couple requested one.
      Here they are.  I'll probably need to make one to keep sometime, maybe for our anniversary (we decided that Cortana was a good enough name for our daughter, after all).

• By odinsgrandson
      I've made quite a few different cake toppers for some of the videogame fans out there.  A lot of them prefer to feature the bride and groom holding videogame controllers or such, but sometimes we go a bit further.
      Here are a few cake toppers featuring elven bride and grooms that I've really come to enjoy.  As with all the cake toppers I've made, these are completely custom built and customizable- the couple chose the poses and all the details.

• By Generic Fighter
      You are invited to the Wedding of Turg, Half-Orc Monk, to Dara Silverleaf, Elven Druid of the Summer Canopy, on {Insert Date Here}.

But Seriously, In my F2F D&D game one of the PCs is going to be getting married...to another PC!! So, to commemorate this, I have painted Minis for the Players of said PCs for the Wedding event! And here they are...

Turg is being represented by a Stylish Orc Mini from a very small Kickstarter by Ekmel Sword Miniatures out of Malta, IIRC.

Dara is being represented by the Dancer Mini from the Pathfinder Battles Minis line From Piazo and WizKids. It is Out of the Rusty Dragon Inn Set. I have, of course, Repainted it in more appropriate colors.

Both minis have Custom Made bases, too.

GF
    • By odinsgrandson
      Here’s a couple that had a very clear idea for me to work with. He’s a painter, and her occupation involves wine- and here they are in their glorious combat pose.

This pose is more ‘three dimensional’ than most that I do. The design suits a cake that is displayed in the center of a room, rather than to one side. As such, they need several angles to really show them off.

• By Pingo
      Twenty-three years since we made it official.

I remember meeting you at the roleplaying gamers' table at Student Activities' Night thirty-two years ago, and it's been gaming geekery ever since.
  • Who's Online   21 Members, 2 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)