ladystorm

Reaper Bones 3: US Zone Complete

12 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

I'm really hoping that a few university students or something can be bribed with money/beer to help out on the weekend.  (Or something???)  It's not a huge number of orders, a shipping party could blow through half of them.  I get that it's hard to find temp workers for a short term gig, but it's the kind of job my 19 year old son would jump at.

(Obviously it would not be efficient to send my son to England for this, but there must be intrepid young people there too.)   

There are lots of temp agencies here where you put the call in the afternoon before and you have a bunch of people at your disposal the next morning, I use agencies quite a lot.

• Like 4

I actually originally even offered to go and help out on a weekend for free. But they said labour law would prevent that (pretty sure there are ways around that, we have work experience/interns all the time that don't get paid). I live in the UK so when the palettes first arrived I would have happily done that in exchange of taking my package home. We have a lot of temps at work too. Some of them will even cover a night shift if you call them during the day. Mind you we have a 12 hour shift pattern. Not really understandable how this has been getting handled.

• Like 1

Knowing that the Reaper peeps are good peeps. I am sure there is more going on behind the scenes than people taking 2 hour Sudoku puzzle breaks. I am sorry that this is happening to you Beagle (and who ever else). And I do wish you a speedy deliverance of you Bones. 

(And I am sure Reaper would love to have that as well.)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Knowing that the Reaper peeps are good peeps. I am sure there is more going on behind the scenes than people taking 2 hour Sudoku puzzle breaks. I am sorry that this is happening to you Beagle (and who ever else). And I do wish you a speedy deliverance of you Bones. 

(And I am sure Reaper would love to have that as well.)

I'm a Reaper fan boy, and I have refrained from criticizing until now because I know they're good people and they're trying, but I am a customer and I expect certain standards to be met. 

When I was studying for my project management qualification one of the things they drum home over and over again, is that poor performance must be offset as far as possible by strong communication.

Given that Bones 3 is 8 months late + an extra 6 weeks for Euro backers + an extra 4 weeks for those of us still waiting, is it really too much to ask that things were put in place so that all remaining items could have been dispatched as soon as they arrived at the UK hub? 

Edited by Beagle
  • Like 8

At this point, the title of last backer to have their pledge shipped might be worth holding out for...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Talae said:

At this point, the title of last backer to have their pledge shipped might be worth holding out for...

Not receiving that title is a sacrifice I'm now willing to make

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Beagle said:

Not receiving that title is a sacrifice I'm now willing to make

Is bad luck a typical beagle thing or unique to you specifically, Beagle?

19 minutes ago, Talae said:

Is bad luck a typical beagle thing or unique to you specifically, Beagle?

With my wits and good looks how could I be anything but lucky? However, when it comes to Kickstarters the great cosmic scales of justice are loaded with a pile of the devils dirty underwear at one end, and my kickstarter fortunes at the other. The devil's undies seems to be many times heavier.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Beagle said:

With my wits and good looks how could I be anything but lucky?

Gambler's fallacy. Just because you lost everywhere else, that doesn't mean that you'll be lucky this time.

:devil:

(But I really do hope you get your Bones 3 stuff soon.)

• Like 2

I've adjusted my earlier response to one that makes me smile more....

With my wits and good looks how could I be anything but lucky? However, when it comes to Kickstarters the great cosmic scales of justice are loaded with a pile of Doug's dirty underwear at one end, and my kickstarter fortunes at the other. Doug's undies seems to be many times heavier. :poke:

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Beagle said:

I've adjusted my earlier response to one that makes me smile more....

With my wits and good looks how could I be anything but lucky? However, when it comes to Kickstarters the great cosmic scales of justice are loaded with a pile of Doug's dirty underwear at one end, and my kickstarter fortunes at the other. Doug's undies seems to be many times heavier. :poke:

Bulletproof, don't you know.

• Like 4

Just now, Doug Sundseth said:

Bulletproof, don't you know.

And that was my best shot.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gadgetman! said:

And they're at it again. Down 10, to 71 left, and this goes to Florstadt, DE, and is a Wave 7.

49 to go. Nothing here yet

• Like 1