As the shipwreck golem is almost finished I thought I would move on to the brain.  It has quiet a footprint so I went with a large base with an apocalyptic feel so here's what I got so far.  Vinyl tile is wonderous for road sections

IMG_2493.JPG

IMG_2492.JPG

IMG_2494.JPG

• Like 15

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Limey72 said:

Vinyl tile is wonderous for road sections

I hear it also has a warmer sound compared to digital. :poke:

That's a great idea.  Given how little would be needed for basing, I wonder what the easiest/cheapest method for obtaining some is outside of saving scraps from a kitchen or bathroom DIY remodel.

• Like 5

Ooo.  Great basing!  I could so use a look like THAT for some of my larger Fallout conversions.  :)  Okay, how did you get the cracked mud texture?  Is that some sort of crackle-paint trick, or some sort of drying/cracking gel mix?  I love the shattered pavement look, too!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dr_Automaton said:

I hear it also has a warmer sound compared to digital. :poke:

That's a great idea.  Given how little would be needed for basing, I wonder what the easiest/cheapest method for obtaining some is outside of saving scraps from a kitchen or bathroom DIY remodel.

You might be able to talk to your local store and see if they have offcuts and scraps. Since the big sheets run as low as $0.53/sq. ft. (from a national chain website), I suspect that if they do, you could get them cheap or free. Talk to the contractor desk.

• Like 1

Ok quick update as I had a busy weekend with an AC issue and vet visit, Jordan the earth is two of citadels technical paints agrellan earth and apocalypse dust I believe.  The one that cracks was painted around the road sections only.  

IMG_2496.JPG

Edited by Limey72
  • Like 9

So I didn't like the way the wash looked on the gold basecoated, stripped and based with half naked gold and half gold shadow then working the highlights up

IMG_2499.JPG

• Like 6