sigmaone

Bones 3 (77556) Mystic Circle

Dilute PVA or Elmers can be sprayed from those cheap spray bottles pretty easily. It dries clear (the real PVA more than the Elmers).

• Like 1

Oh smart idea! I'll have to pick one up... I wonder if one can make a batch and have it last... or maybe I'll just have to search for really small spray bottles. I just don't want to waste to much for such a tiny application.   I'm already using diluted elmers for the static grass; I dilute it pretty heavily and brush it on. 

• Like 1

The diluted glue lasts for about as long as undiluted glue does, IME. (Which is to say, "years".) But I've never had a big bottle of dilute glue around. I think I'd be worried about inadvertently spraying it on my windows or something. ^_^

• Like 3

8 hours ago, sigmaone said:

Oh smart idea! I'll have to pick one up... I wonder if one can make a batch and have it last... or maybe I'll just have to search for really small spray bottles. I just don't want to waste to much for such a tiny application.   I'm already using diluted elmers for the static grass; I dilute it pretty heavily and brush it on. 

Look for Woodland Scenic "Scenic Sprayer" It's a small bottle that has a nozzle that won't go everywhere. It's used in the train hobby & such. 

Awesome work on the circle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tiniest rhombus said:

Your circle looks fantastic! I use the woodland scenic sprayer tho mine is clogged right now...:unsure: when it works it's great. 

I have one as well....around here somewhere. Pretty sure when I find it mine will be clogged & I'll be able to test out how long thinned out glue (WS brand) last..... ::P:   It's been a very long time since I squeezed that trigger (prob 10+ years)!

• Like 1

I happened to be in Joann's the other day, and I found a little bottle of Elmer's spray adhesive, so I'll give that a shot and see how it works. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      Here's a bunch of quickie terrain from Bones 4.

• By animesensei
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/axenshield/axe-n-shield-premium-terrain-risers-elevate-your-g/description

3d terrain elevation risers, made to work with Dwarven Forge and other systems like it.

Looks really interesting and very dynamic on a table.  Good for hold up flying minis too.

• By Bane Of Humanity
      I didnt do too much detail on these guys.  I was mostly just using up paint that I had mixed for my goblins.  Im not entirely a fan of these guys but I figured Id paint them up anyone for a Tundra themed campaign Im working on.

• By NebulousMissy
      I'm generally bad at terrain. So I decided to challenge myself. I painted the obelisk as a dark stone and the octopus on top as a green stone with cabochon eyes. I even went fancy and attempted to put some red glow/liquidity to the runes on the obelisk.

I... don't remember painting those eyes like they're glowing... Wait, is that the camera's fault? Did... Um...  It... appears my cell phone camera had a hard time focusing on such immense evil...  Yes, that must be it.

Here's a better pic of the runes.

Yes, there we go. As soon as those eyes aren't looking at the camera it focuses just fine
    • By Silvervane
      Well, awhile ago I started making some terrain for my Frostgrave Dark Alchemy solo mini campaign.  Longish story....Then squirrels happened.  I then decided not to wait to finish my terrain, and just go with what I had made and not painted.  I'll nether confirm nor deny that I also used Lincoln Logs to make wall to fill out that first board (and there are no picture left to prove it). That round went well.  I then managed to finish up building the hirst arts wizard tower in a ruined form.  Next round went way worse... TPK.  You take 4 character and your wizard or apprentice.  They all got taken out by a series of bad dice rolls.  The bad dice roll continued and I failed all my survival rolls for the characters in that mission.  Well I decided I really wanted to finish this piece so here is a thread showing the before painting it.

Here is some shots of built with my now deceased WIzard, who is roughly the same size as Sir Forscale.

• Who's Online   25 Members, 0 Anonymous, 56 Guests (See full list)