Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
A pair of speed painted 3d printed robots I completed during my 4th of July Paint Binge. I found the GW Contrast paints to be very good at covering large smooth surfaces easily. The red one was from a KS project by EC3D. (and yes, it's missing an arm) I am not sure where my husband found the other one, but maybe Thingaverse.
So, a little while ago I had these two lovely packages come in because I wanted to give the new "rules condensed" version of Infinity a go, and sadly neither the HaqqIslam I use or the Ariadna hubby uses for N3 are in Code One, so.... Well, as one might expect, we wound up picking up a new starter box, because of various reasons. Anyways, Yu Jing was always my second choice for an army, and Rune liked the new look for the PanOceania figures, so that made life moderately easier....
Keen eyed observers will notice that Rune's PanO aren't getting as many units. Well, yeah, there's a partial reason for that - I had a basic idea already of what I wanted with my Yu Jing for N3, specifically that of being able to field the Invincible Army sectorial at some point due to my LOVE of their heavy infantry, and since pretty much all of the models I was looking at are usable in Code One that pretty much sealed the deal for me right then and there... Obviously more will be added in for Rune's side as he plays the game more, and figures out what kind of units he would like (and likes the look of).
^So a few days ago this is where things were at, after the use of a pair of GreenStuffWorld rollers, specifically Runes (for, uh, Rune's PanO), and Small Cobblestones (for my Yu Jing), and after several hours of assembly over three nights if I remember correctly, here's where things were...
^And phase one of basing complete. Vallejo terrain goop, I love you.
Okay, I'll admit, I wound up covering up more details than I had originally planned, but such is life - some of the original elements are still there, which is good enough in my opinion, at least for now. I'll still get the basic idea across, although with some of them it's more going to be easter eggs in the bases, but such is life.
^And a blurry shot of how things look at the moment, with phase 2 of the basing. Essentially, I wound up using that mix of four different types of ballast that I'd created a decade and a half ago (I mixed up a LOT of it o_O) to help even out the transitions, as well as any garish spots where the terrain paste didn't quite solidify how I was thinking it was going to... And also as a bit of an element to tie both factions together, since they're both technically fighting over Svarlheim, or however it's spelt
Yeah, I know it's yet another WIP thread for me, but my Infinity focus shifted from N3 to Code One for the moment due to smaller table size, and newer, more streamlined rules. That and a desire to give these minis a shot, and to hopefully see about painting them faster than my usual pace
So this is me trying to paint non-metallic metal for the first time. The mini is one of the dwarves from thehnolog's castlecraft line. Since it is my first, I'm pretty happy with the result. I hope I'll get better at this over time. All comments and suggestions regarding NMM are welcome. Thanks for looking!
Who's Online 12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)