• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Woodsbeast
      First post here! I've been painting minis for about two years now, and after recently painting up a warband for Frostgrave, I've been trying to improve my techniques. 

Which leads me to the Dark Watcher! Loved this sculpt, and any beholder kin. I liked the stalagmite base, but I wanted this guy to be free range, so I made a floating base for him with a model sprue and an extra base.

And now for my secret shame...

Still using fifty cent craft paints! I've occasionally got to use "real" paints through friends, and maybe some magical day I'll acquire some, but in the meantime I've done what I can to try to make the models look good with what I have. 

I've seen a lot of great paintjobs here that were inspiring, so hopefully someone gets a kick out of my discount paintwork! 
    • By SparrowMarie
      It's been quite some time since I've done a show off but here goes.

I painted this mini in about 6 hours. Still need to gloss and seal. C&C welcome.

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/russrmc/animal-adventures-secrets-of-gullet-cove

Painting Polygons

NeW Animal Adventures Kickstarter launches January 28, 2020!

Set sail for a mysterious portside city where magic and adventure await...

21 brand new minis (including a Kickstarter exclusive!)
      Fully illustrated, hardback sourcebook with artwork from leading industry artists
      Collection of maps

With a host of colourful (and questionable!) non-playable characters, compelling locations, and a collection of multi-part adventures, Secrets of Gullet Cove opens up a brand new universe for you to explore.

Don't miss the Kickstarter launch at 4PM GMT/8AM PST on January 28th 
    • By Ducknuck84
      From the Mid 2000's attempt to revive the D&D Chainmail come this Battered Troll Skeleton which was the biggest mini in the Ahumut's Legion Faction box. He has been sitting unpainted for many years as I  have found with many of the minis the D&D produced at the time they where a pain to assemble. In his case the full arm and no peg or post and his skull with a bit of the neck was its own part with a minuscule peg and post that did not fit right and would never be able to support the weight of the head. also with the base you had to hand cut the slot that you would tab him into which is the only time i have ever seen that on a mini base. So finally after adding metal post to his parts and getting him on a base I sat down and painted him.
      He is your basic skeleton but I do like the little additions on the mini such as the splint holding the leg together and the leather wrap with a nail holding the arm in place  as well as the plate bolted on to the chest. It give the mini a bit more character. After finishing him i wanted to work on basing which is a part of the process i tend to neglect so tryed my had at some mud texture paint and still trying to get decent at using static grass and tufts. think it turned out alright but can always use more practice.
      Also interestingly enough he is about the same size as the  77004 Cave Troll. So its like a before and after diet pic

• By Mini_Wizard_Studios
      Finished my beholder. It's a little over exposed after stacking the photos. I'm too lazy to take new pictures. He was fun to paint! i'm happy with how he came out, Need to keep pushing myself though.

MVI_0102.MOV
  • Who's Online   26 Members, 1 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)