Bones 3 - Behir

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this looks great. I love the stripe and colors and I think the details on the head are excellent.

When dry fitting this piece I had difficultly imagining how to approach painting the bits because of how they fit and how tiny some of them are.

if you were to do it again what would you do?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Type2 said:

I think this looks great. I love the stripe and colors and I think the details on the head are excellent.

When dry fitting this piece I had difficultly imagining how to approach painting the bits because of how they fit and how tiny some of them are.

if you were to do it again what would you do?

If I had to do it again I would definitely paint it in pieces.  The arms are the biggest problem and in order to get to the center of the base with a brush you need them out of the way.  Also to paint the fin on the back.  Those arms are troublesome.  I ended up taking mine apart to paint it properly.  Also the tail piece at the very end you should leave off too and it sort of gets in the way of painting one area.  I mean this model is a painter nightmare lol but all the cool ones are.

7 hours ago, Lorathorn said:

Did you have to pin yours? Mine barely wants to stay assembled (from a test run to make sure I had all the pieces).

Yep I pinned every piece except the tail.

• Like 3