Skrill

Kyphrixis the Copper (Bones 3)

This is fantastic and really set off my imagination when looking at my unpainted model. I absolutely love the wings and the contrasting scales.

Im thinking about painting my clear version of him as a shadow dragon but my regular one will follow a similar scheme to yours.

• Like 1

I think you were able to break things down well.  I like the variation of tone on the scales and the wing membrane.  Great work. 

• Like 1

You did give him a great deal of character. He looks like a dragon that has been through some things. Great paint job. 

• Like 1

Very nice. I like the contrast of the pale wings, and how you did not go overboard with the verdigris and let the copper shine through. 

• Like 1

Really fantastic - love what you have achieved here with the metallics

Can you say what specific craft paints you used? Is the skin of his wings a metallic as well?

• Like 2

Thank you all for the nice comments. 

34 minutes ago, petrov27 said:

Really fantastic - love what you have achieved here with the metallics

Can you say what specific craft paints you used? Is the skin of his wings a metallic as well?

The craft paints are "FolkArt Metallic". I got them in Walmart (Canada). 

I used copper (very red) and bronze (more orange). 

The washes were Vallejo game ink. 

Yes, the skin on the wings is also metallic. (Very diluted metallic paint on white primer)

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cygnwulf
      So my favorite inlaw and I were talking  Saturday morning, and she mentioned to me that she really wants me to paint her a dragon.  One thing lead to another and before you knew it, she was picking Blighfang out of the bones catalog.

She then asked if it would be possible to base the colors on a favorite tea set, to which I really agreed because it's a little unusual

I made a quick mock up that got the approval

It didn't take me long to get to the store and pick up a dragon.w
      Last night I sat down and did the assembly.  There were a few gaps but nothing major. 
      Today I had about an hour to play with it, so I spent it using some Stynlrez to prime and sketch in my colors.

Still really rough, and not really the blue-black I want to end up with, this is mostly a color sketch done really fast work the airbrush so I have something to start with. Pretty much everything from here will be brush work.  I'm a little on the fence about the yellow in the membranes, though I really like it on the belly. 

• By TaleSpinner
      So, here I am again, starting another WIP; I'm hoping I actually finish this one. 

Anyway, I have a need in some upcoming games for a colossal red dragon as a lieutenant to the BBEG.  I'm expecting this to be a reoccurring character, so I want a decent paint job on it. That said, I am not aiming for much more that table-top quality here, and will be using every speed painting technique in my toolbox to crank this one out, hopefully before the next game in mid November.

I am also going to use it to christen my new Patriot airbrush and airbrush booth.  Last night, I primed the whole model in Brown Liner.  It took about 3/4 of a bottle, and I didn't have too much over spray.  This is a big model.

As I have said in the past, I like trying something new with every project; this one it is the use of an air brush.  I want to use this model to develop control and precision both with my Patriot and Sotar brushes.  Prior to this, I really haven't attempted much more than priming with an airbrush.

Here's a picture of him in my spray booth.

Have a great day!

Andy
    • By Darcstaar
      Last new post for the day.
      Here is another BONES Tick.  I have 2 more and a queen.
      This is the 4th painted one, and I painted it while I painted the centipedes.  I wanted some bright colors and bright markings.
      C&C Welcome.

• By Darcstaar
      I painted this large water elemental several months back to fill a gap in my water elemental supply.  It started out translucent blue, but I painted it opaque.  I haven't tried inking the transulcents like others have, I lack the inks, and feel I get good control with opaques.  I wanted a simple beach sand looking base, to suggest he has washed up on the beach to harass sunbathers.  C&C Welcome.

• By Darcstaar
      I painted this up quickly several months back, to swell the ranks of water elementals.  It was translucent blue, but I painted it opaque.  I feel I have more control that way, and don't have the spiffy inks everyone says work so well on the translucent BONES minis.
      C&C Welcome.

• Who's Online   26 Members, 0 Anonymous, 187 Guests (See full list)