Knight, Warrior, Assassin and Herald

Maglok

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, BLZeebub said:

Great blending, and I love those sculpts!  The warrior's authentic high guard isn't something you see much in the mini world.

It is based off of Dark Souls, which is weirdly authenticatic in some ways and often ridiculous in others. I am looking at you huge broccoli sword swinging with 1 hand.

3 hours ago, Maglok said:

It is based off of Dark Souls, which is weirdly authenticatic in some ways and often ridiculous in others. I am looking at you huge broccoli sword swinging with 1 hand.

those usually have crazy superhuman minimum strength requirements.

These have turned out very nicely, looks like they're keeping their humanity full. odd that none of them seem to have been sculpted with an estus flask

17 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

those usually have crazy superhuman minimum strength requirements.

These have turned out very nicely, looks like they're keeping their humanity full. odd that none of them seem to have been sculpted with an estus flask

What would our strength score be? :) I can't put a number on that, but yes it is true it requires quite a bit and it is funny to see a character slash away with a 2 hander in 1 hand when they can't manage. He stumbles around :P

Hm good point about the estus flask, I guess because the concept art also does not have an estus flask and they are being kept on a short leash with Bandai Namco approving all sculpts first.

16 hours ago, VolksFest said:

Awesome painting! So, what do you think of the game?

I enjoyed it. It was 'hard' enough, and the grinding is kind of fun and bosses are still so strong after the grinding. There are only two small downsides for me: 1: If you do not enjoy Dark Souls (or know of it) you will almost surely have less of a fun evening. 2: It takes a bit long. If you want to play a miniboss and then a boss in order you should be setting up for 4-5 hours of game easy.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Maglok said:

I enjoyed it. It was 'hard' enough, and the grinding is kind of fun and bosses are still so strong after the grinding. There are only two small downsides for me: 1: If you do not enjoy Dark Souls (or know of it) you will almost surely have less of a fun evening. 2: It takes a bit long. If you want to play a miniboss and then a boss in order you should be setting up for 4-5 hours of game easy.

I see.. the fact that not being familiar with DS universe would diminish the fun factor is not news to me.. it was mentioned everywhere and you opinion only strengthens this.

A long game may not be fpr everyone or every game group.. but 4-5 hours for a good game is not unheard of (See MageKnight, Runebound etc.. )

Oh it was a really fast effect. Basecoated a dark silver. Washed it with a straight up black, applied a drybrush of bronze, washed it with a brown, then drybrushed it with a lighter silver then before. Easy peasy. :) Speed techniques I say! :D

• Like 1