Sign in to follow this  
Werewolvians

The Rest of the Lycanthropes

I thought "Ah, a little Bebop action," and then "oh, did I get those characters mixed up again?"  If I'm right, that means my kid's watching way too much Ninja Turtles.

My son would harass me about not knowing which was which.

Nice work, no matter which mutant animal you've taken inspiration from!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By nervisfr
      From a good Reaper Bones to a a brazilian werewolf (call Lobisomem) from the amazonian mythology for my Of God and Mortals Army (see this topic on the LAF here) 

a very simple one, as the werewolf has no tail. Only a swap 's head and the job is done .
      Just a good head choice with a WH40k wolf

• By Rigel
      "Even the man who says his prayers / Before going to bed at night /
      May turn to WOLF when the wolfsbane blooms / and the moon is high and bright." --Apocryphal rhyme

DOCTOR. A very pestilent disease, my lord,
      They call lycanthropia... 
      In those that are possess'd with 't there o'erflows
      Such melancholy humour they imagine
      Themselves to be transformed into wolves;
      Steal forth to church-yards in the dead of night,
      And dig dead bodies up: as two nights since
      One met the duke 'bout midnight in a lane
      Behind Saint Mark's church, with the leg of a man
      Upon his shoulder; and he howl'd fearfully;
      Said he was a wolf, only the difference
      Was, a wolf's skin was hairy on the outside,
      His on the inside...
       --The Duchess of Malfi

Body horror, puberty, loss of control, loved ones acting out of character, cannibalism, madness, things more savage and bloodthirsty than we thought man or beast could be--it's a rich vein of horror. The further back you go, the more blurred the distinction between vampire and werewolf and witch becomes, but as a general rule what we now consider to be vampires are specifically betrayers of hospitality and home; like de Rais and Bathory, they commit their crimes behind closed doors. Werewolves, on the other hand, are given to savagery outdoors, in the lanes, under the moonlight, in the moors and lonesome places.

It is appropriate then, that Julie Guthrie's werewolf 02139, is named DuChamps--of the fields. Here he is, in form much more wolf than man.

These two pictures are behind the Spoilers tab because, while Julie did not necessarily have to sculpt Jean-Paul's werescrote and transmogrified lycanthrodong, she did that. She did that for us, because she's a PROFESSIONAL and doesn't take shortcuts. I don't think it rises to indecency, but better safe. Will delete and link if the need arises.

Next up. the truly monstrous Werewolf, 77009. Those familiar with the role-playing game "Werewolf!" from White Wolf will recognize this as a Crinos form. Enormous, savage, horrific. This is about a 50/50 mix of Man and Wolf, but with the features dialed up to 11. I had fun painting hair on the smoother human limbs.

And lastly, a Nolzur's werewolf I had on the Shelf of Shame. This one is mostly human but with a wolf's head and claws. 

A note on the full moon: it's just a Nolzur's disc base painted white and poked with paintbrush ends of varying sizes during the drying phase to simulate craters. I may have to do some more of this with discs of different sizes and colors for Spacefuture shots, because multiple moons convey Other Worlds the way zeppelins convey Alternate Histories.
    • By Iridil
      And here is crusader number 3 - finally got myself a micropen.

• By Iridil
      This is the last of the adventuring party I painted up - a quick and dirty job as the player wants another figure eventually, just not sure what. These are the last figures I painted before 2 things - an unplanned life break from painting from March-July, a reassessment of painting, time and goals. I've also included a group shot with the other three party members. Thanks for looking!

• By Glitterwolf
      One of my favorite Fantasy races are the Undead, followed by Chaos and Reptilians.
      I already have my Lost World Project which tells a tale of Conquistadores, Reptilians, Dinosaurs, Undead and a lot more.
      However those Undead are the Egyptian Style and Pirate/Jungle style.

This thread will be filled with my beloved Gothic Undead, Demons, Monsters and all things that go bump in the night.
      In my Lost World Project I tell an ongoing story, here I will post about all other dark things without coherency.
      There might be snippets of loose stories to accompany a mini or not...

I hope you guys and gals and creatures will like it.

Let's kick off with the critters I painted a while ago to get a feel of what is coming.

Enjoy! ( or not)

Bats and a Murder of Crows

EDIT: I will include some Bones and minis. The bulk will be metal and I want to give this an oldschool vibe.
      Preferred minis will be, Reaper, Grenadier, Ral Partha, Rafm, Metal Magic, Otherworld and Early Citadel.
      The Asian Undead will be from Zenith since I backed the Kensei Undead Samurai KS and will get their own thread.

Changed the name of the Project.

Eldessa Necromancer

Ral Partha Female Vampire

Lurien and Aysa

Bat Demon

• Who's Online   23 Members, 3 Anonymous, 74 Guests (See full list)