Pingo

Hasslefree HFA004 "Kat" painted as a Zenith Caste Solar for "Exalted" (picture intensive!)

Thank you.  I love painting dramatic lighting effects.

I think where it clicked is when I started thinking of her outfit as a night side and a day side.  It really fits the character.

• Like 3

Her hair is really, really, really well done.  An example of how you don't have to have all kinds of fancy freehand and lots of different colors to have a dramatic effect.  

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By planetmut
      There's a patch of wasteground on Beechwood Avenue where the old primary school used to stand until destroyed by a bomb on the afternoon of April 11, 1941.

Locals have long said that spot is haunted. Pedestrians say there's a cold patch as you walk past it. Kids dare each other to touch the walls, although few actually will. Dogs shy away from the area.

Some people even claim to have seen a small girl wearing a gasmask.

This is all obviously rubbish.

But Rose is still waiting for her mummy.

• By paintybeard
      A new kickstarter project from Kev White:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hasslefriesian/artemis-20/description

Don't think I shall be backing this myself as I don't do much that is bigger than 54mm.

This seems to be happening off Kev's own bat and I don't think Hasslefree is involved. Whether that is a good thing or not I leave to your own judgement.
    • By Glitterwolf
      One of my favorite Fantasy races are the Undead, followed by Chaos and Reptilians.
      I already have my Lost World Project which tells a tale of Conquistadores, Reptilians, Dinosaurs, Undead and a lot more.
      However those Undead are the Egyptian Style and Pirate/Jungle style.

This thread will be filled with my beloved Gothic Undead, Demons, Monsters and all things that go bump in the night.
      In my Lost World Project I tell an ongoing story, here I will post about all other dark things without coherency.
      There might be snippets of loose stories to accompany a mini or not...

I hope you guys and gals and creatures will like it.

Let's kick off with the critters I painted a while ago to get a feel of what is coming.

Enjoy! ( or not)

Bats and a Murder of Crows

EDIT: I will include some Bones and minis. The bulk will be metal and I want to give this an oldschool vibe.
      Preferred minis will be, Reaper, Grenadier, Ral Partha, Rafm, Metal Magic, Otherworld and Early Citadel.
      The Asian Undead will be from Zenith since I backed the Kensei Undead Samurai KS and will get their own thread.

Changed the name of the Project.

Eldessa Necromancer

Ral Partha Female Vampire

Lurien and Aysa

Bat Demon

• By Cyradis
      The pictures suck but eh, whatever. I'll see about getting better ones when it is done.

This is a "sorry I was a dick to your character" figure because I'm about to be a dick to this player's character. But I'm running a necromancy campaign and he's a priest of death who is scared of dying, and the villains are known to kidnap people who might be useful... too tempting of a backstory to mess with and the player is cool with character deaths. Heh. 

Anyway. Aside from that the character is Super Magicky and has an Aussie magpie as a familiar (making the bird a PITA to paint). 

The figure is the Stephanie Law Male Mage by Dark Sword, and the crow on a rock from the kickstarter. I clipped the staff off the mage, and glued the hand into place facing downward. After removing the bird from the rock, I attached it with much frustration, glue, and greenstuff. I also yanked it off the base and put it on this one from either MicroArtStudio or Secret Weapon (forgot which). 

The character wears black and gray and red and has black hair. And a black and white bird. Great. And he's pale. 

OSL: magic on ground from below - red. Magic in hand - teal. Moonlight from above - white with wee bit of blue. 

Almost done, not quite. Don't tell my IRL friends! No spoilers!

• By Pingo
      Well, I've gone and done it. I got a YouTube channel and have started making a series of videos on matters of paint and painting.

Okay, I say "series of videos" all grandly, but at the moment it's one video and a planned syllabus. But I have more planned!

This is pretty much my first video ever. I was helped a great deal by my family members who have more experience in this.

The first video is a paint comparison, looking at one of the new Liquitex Acrylic Gouache paints (Quinacridone Magenta, PR122) and considering its suitability for miniatures painting.

Enjoy!
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwonRqv0Xgk

• Who's Online   24 Members, 2 Anonymous, 72 Guests (See full list)