TheOldGuard

TheOldGuard paints some very old Citadel dragons - (pic heavy!)

I remember all of these when they first came out.

Now I feel old.....

Nice stuff though!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ghool said:

I remember all of these when they first came out.

Now I feel old.....

Nice stuff though!

Thanks! They're around 35 years old I think.

4 hours ago, magicalgenie said:

These are all terrific, but I particularly am drawn to the black dragon. Lovely color choice and highlighting on it!

Thank you, I'm happy with how he turned out!

The Old Lizards did have a certain charm to them that your WONDERFUL work with brush & palette have enhanced. Your bases are likewise LOVELYVERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Darius Glenwell said:

The gold and black dragons are my favorite. Well done on those!

9 minutes ago, malefactus said:

The Old Lizards did have a certain charm to them that your WONDERFUL work with brush & palette have enhanced. Your bases are likewise LOVELYVERY WELL DONE!

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like them!

• Like 1

Beautiful work! I'm always surprised to see these examples of how the aesthetic has changed over the years.

• Like 1

Awesome job on all of them!!!

My favorites are the gold and black one.

But they are all superb painted!

• Like 1

On 6/19/2017 at 9:23 PM, Erk said:

Beautiful work! I'm always surprised to see these examples of how the aesthetic has changed over the years.

On 6/20/2017 at 2:52 AM, hiddenone32 said:

Those are pretty cool!  Great job!

On 6/23/2017 at 0:15 PM, Chaoswolf said:

Very nice work on the old school figures. I don't think I've seen those before.

On 6/23/2017 at 0:57 PM, Xherman1964 said:

Awesome job on all of them!!!

My favorites are the gold and black one.

But they are all superb painted!

Thanks guys!

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By haldir
      So browsing MM for their BF sale & I come across this from Citadel/GW

All the title says is Citadel Colour Spray Stick & there is no description, other then

Manf: Games Workshop
      Contents:
      1 Spray Stick
      1 Detachable Handle
      50 Elastic Bands

Instantly I thought it was rubber band shooter, but it got me to look at GW's website to see what purpose this actually does: 

Ie something I can accomplish with double stick tape & a piece of cardboard......sigh.
    • By 72moonglum
      Hello again!

here are the other two that I just finished, two elven fighters that Ran Partha did a while back.  They had a couple neat ideas, one was to have a male and female version of a race and class, and these two are the miniatures that are for the Male and Female Elven Fighters.  Not sure who the sculptor is on these, should probably find out.  

I did them both with more or less identical color schemes, partly in the thought that it's the same adventurer just in a different male or female version and then also because it made my life easier with one color scheme instead of two.

and here they are together:

Anyhows, hope you enjoy!

Mark
    • By TripleH
      Looking for suggestion on which of the Bones dragons would be a decent match for the Pathfinder Cloud Dragon for use in the next book of the Giantslayer campaign that I'm currently running. I have maybe a month or two before they encounter this bad beast.  He is considered an Adult dragon, size: Huge.

• By Mckenna35
      Finally finished something for myself - woohoo! One of the set of Rocky baby dragons from Bones IV.  Went with a red scheme on this one.  Not going to win any awards with all the mold lines I missed!  Was supposed to be a quick speed paint, and yeah, that didn't happen.  Anyway, though he turned out pretty good, although the pictures don't show the highlights on the red.  Tried three different set-ups and still looks flat here.    Ah well.

• By Cygnwulf
      So my favorite inlaw and I were talking  Saturday morning, and she mentioned to me that she really wants me to paint her a dragon.  One thing lead to another and before you knew it, she was picking Blighfang out of the bones catalog.

She then asked if it would be possible to base the colors on a favorite tea set, to which I really agreed because it's a little unusual

I made a quick mock up that got the approval

It didn't take me long to get to the store and pick up a dragon.w
      Last night I sat down and did the assembly.  There were a few gaps but nothing major. 
      Today I had about an hour to play with it, so I spent it using some Stynlrez to prime and sketch in my colors.

Still really rough, and not really the blue-black I want to end up with, this is mostly a color sketch done really fast work the airbrush so I have something to start with. Pretty much everything from here will be brush work.  I'm a little on the fence about the yellow in the membranes, though I really like it on the belly. 

• Who's Online   38 Members, 4 Anonymous, 230 Guests (See full list)