To add to the number of projects I'm falling behind on, I picked up the new 40k boxed set, "Dark Imperium":

594921dd03eee_darkimperium.jpg.9df465bd7d6632faeeeffacd25c18b2c.jpg

I'm really liking what I've seen for the new 40k, and although I haven't gotten a real game in in a long time, I've played Nurgle Chaos Space Marines for a long time.  It's really cool to seem Marines the size they're supposed to be.

I skipped over assembly photos, and went straight to the drybrushed armor.  I think there's some shoulders and skin done in this photo, too:

nurgly.jpg.2272f2f2b62552c081db3d3b59313235.jpg

I haven't even primed the Poxwalkers yet.  I already have a ton of modern/sci-fi zombie types, and while I do plan on using the new sculpts, I want to convert the second half a bit before I paint them.

You can see my previous project, the poor Cave Goblins (of The Hobbit films), literally pushed to the side.  I may work on them as a co-project, as they would make great Poxwalkers!

• Like 4

Reinforcements arrive and have been converted:

reinforcements.jpg.9876093b2ab3fb1b1f958a7145ae9d17.jpg

Rotmeister Goth'ma, a counts-as Typhus:

typhus.jpg.5b3625143874f3305dd691572195e3f0.jpg

A Sorcerer or counts-as Necrosis:

necrosis.thumb.jpg.3d53e79d790008cd7e005f5283acd2c1.jpg

An Icon Bearer:

icon.thumb.jpg.152122115b35213a84e735d068c2e3cc.jpg

• Like 5

The forces grow:

595fa156526b7_plaguea.jpg.1179cb1d708be6e5e86fd5400a979aba.jpg

Great Reaper Goth'ma, my counts-as Typhus:

595fa157bce35_plaguec.jpg.d4403109b1662d866805811730e9fa22.jpg

A Nurgle Sorcerer, or counts as Necrosus:

595fa1586aac9_plagued.jpg.5fa36739657459542546f0965780664d.jpg

Icon Bearer:

595fa156e384e_plagueb.jpg.1321375a39d0081a6fca430ac45be7b1.jpg

The pox spreads:

595fa15939738_plaguee.jpg.57d4c921b0f62a7b2a0451dc54ae68e9.jpg595fa159e5034_plaguef.jpg.41d76b353776008b32e45c0edd463a7d.jpg595fa15ab4c34_plagueg.jpg.a35e2f74cf04b6cef8d13b8815bced16.jpg

As I'm painting, I suddenly have the urge to crush a Poxwalker with my bare hands.  So many fiddly details!

Thankfully for the official sculpts, it's just going to be these and the First Strike sculpts.  The rest will come from my existing Plague Zombie hordes.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

While I'm not a fan of Nurgle generally, you make them look sick!!

That would be the best compliment I could get for the forces of Nurgle.  Thank you.

• Like 2

Time for the Helforges to heat up.  Some old vehicles, either assembled by myself many moons ago or acquired in varying condition, are getting drafted into The Forsaken Sons:

helforges.jpg.7c74d49209df56dc6e81d92580716f25.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Nice motor pool! What are your plans for them; any converting, or just get 'em painted?

Oh, they're heavily converted from what they were the other day when I found them again.  The pipes were added, they had icons done.

I need to dig out my gargoyle heads for the lascannons, and figure out what scraps of bits I have to build the sponsons...both on the "newer" Predator design.

• Like 2

Tentacles!!!! They need tentacles !!!

Also maybe you could use Reaper's Fly Demon for some cool conversion on a vehicle?

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/fly/latest/02744

Or the smaller Bones one for some heads?

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/fly/sku-down/77259

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this