Sign in to follow this  
Taskmaster99

77346 Barrow Warden 1 Speed paint and dip

I decided to do this Barrow Warden with a speed paint followed by the dip method. 

I painted him him with a mixture of Army Painter and Reaper paints. I then dipped him into the Army Painter Quickshade "Strong" Tone. Shook him off a few times and then let dry. I still need to apply anti shine to him but am quite pleased with the results. 

I dont see see the quick shade replacing my GW washes but it's a nice alternative to when I want to get something done quickly.

thanks for looking. Comments and critiques are always appreciated.

IMG_0075.JPG

• Like 18

44 minutes ago, Leader of the Rats said:

This is how I'm considering my zombies, there's just sooooo many.

I feel ya. I have an Undead army for Kings of War and probably will go with the dip method to get them churned out fast. I would think zombies would look great with this quick shade.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lorathorn said:

Looks great. I am waiting to paint mine but the #@$%! sword needs to straighten out first. I am so very close after many re-bending attempts.

As you can see, mine still has a slight bend. I got it that far after a couple attempts and then just threw my hands up and decided to move on.....lol. 

I find the quick shade works really well not using the dip method.  It is a bit stronger than the GW washes I agree.  I try to apply quickshade sparingly or a little diluted with water to fill the gaps and errors and then go over it with a dry brush off my highlight color when done and it take the edge off the shine.

I like the effect of quick shade (well Polyshades for us cheapskates).  I brush it on and think it does a better job of not staining the higher areas than washes do.

I don't like the cleanup afterwards and I somehow think that it's harder to get rid of the shine than it really should be.

5 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

I like the effect of quick shade (well Polyshades for us cheapskates).  I brush it on and think it does a better job of not staining the higher areas than washes do.

I don't like the cleanup afterwards and I somehow think that it's harder to get rid of the shine than it really should be.

Yeah the cleanup sucks. I hate having to use paint thinner to clean the brush mostly for the stink factor. 

Edited by Taskmaster99

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this