Sign in to follow this  

There's a French wargame called "Alkemy" which has a faction of pseudo-Egyptian cat-people called the Khaliman Republic (or République Khalimane in the original).  A few years back I snagged a starter set of 5 resin figures I found on clearance because, well, cat people.

Currently I am involved in an elaborate and fascinating campaign combining White Wolf's World of Darkness (the one in Vampire the Masquerade second edition and Werewolf the Apocalypse) with its "Exalted" game, second edition (which was originally sold as the prehistory of the World of Darkness, although they backed away from that pretty fast).

This character is a PC for that game.  The person is a lycanthrope, or rather a feline therianthrope.  He has a human form, but I painted up the cat man because it's more fun.

This is the first small-scale non-terrain resin I've ever assembled or painted.  It was a little fiddly and I was worried about its fragility.  There are a few places with what is probably flash that I didn't have the courage to try to slice off.

Comments welcome.

WIP thread here.

DSC_0191.jpg.7345573666f964de41dec7e30689c2aa.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg.ffe30cc37e645a50d0911e3820bdacb6.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg.00215397c01566512707173249b64422.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg.9f7774042c5b32f502e6a675290282e2.jpg

DSC_0190-face.jpg.76f21ab1a5b2546489402f4c058e3a34.jpg

• Like 19

Very nice. I especially like the fur markings.  I have a bunch of these I've been afraid to touch, too.

• Like 1

I think he looks almost regal. Nice job, I'll be looking forward to seeing the rest of them get some paint.

• Like 1

Someone’s been “Liking” a few of my old threads.

It’s nice to come back after a time and see this with fresh eyes. I rather like the sun-dappled effect on the base.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      Tick, tock, tick, tock...

Werecrocodile. Yup, a werecrocodile. Presumably someone survived getting bitten by a croc and then turned the following full moon, tearing off all their clothes to waddle down to the river and burble at the moon?
      So now we are just waiting for the WereDuckbilledPlatypus and WereMoose with baited breath. Maybe in Bones 5?
      Thankfully this mini does not have any clothing, armour, weapons or other items about it's person. This can work as a monstrous beast of any kind. Even a Kaiju in a game of Epic.
      This came from the third Bones kickstarter.

77447 Werecrocodile
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 3 KS 2015
      Sculpted by James Van Schaik
      Bonesium PVC.
      45mm bespoke 3D printed base

• By Pingo
      Well, I've gone and done it. I got a YouTube channel and have started making a series of videos on matters of paint and painting.

Okay, I say "series of videos" all grandly, but at the moment it's one video and a planned syllabus. But I have more planned!

This is pretty much my first video ever. I was helped a great deal by my family members who have more experience in this.

The first video is a paint comparison, looking at one of the new Liquitex Acrylic Gouache paints (Quinacridone Magenta, PR122) and considering its suitability for miniatures painting.

Enjoy!
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwonRqv0Xgk

• By Pingo
      This miniature is 15503C Nyamaunir Piratin, a catgirl pirate from Das Schwarze Auge (The Dark Eye, Germany's 1980s answer to Dungeons and Dragons). She's a little Old School and a little short even for that. I like that she looks like a cat who is a person in sensible pirating clothes.

There was a WIP thread, but it didn't get very far.
    • By Pingo
      Johnny Lauck, who retired his Mega Miniatures business recently, ran a few Kickstarters before he retired in order to let people order some sets.

A couple of years ago he ran one of a cat-people dungeon crawl party. I saw some people here regret they were going out of circulation.

Well, apparently Armorcast has picked up the license and is offering half a dozen anthropomorphic cat-people dungeoneers.

No commercial links, but if you go to the Armorcast site and look under “Miniatures,” they’re in the category “Animal Adventurers.”

They have an Old School vibe I rather like.
    • By Pingo
      This is Stonehaven's Half-Orc Librarian, a pleasantly sinister and unassuming character. The quote in the title of the thread is from Neil Gaiman.

Comments et alia welcome, natch. WIP thread here.

• Who's Online   27 Members, 1 Anonymous, 85 Guests (See full list)