Randomness XII: Eighteen! Purple! Squirrels!

@redambrosia happy anniversary!!!

I think I beat Monday!!!

I had the day off, did some shopping, walked Brutus, Made dinner, Received our flight tickets for our vacation.

Now I'm playing Panzer Corps.

Hmmm. Wait...That means tomorrow it is Tuesday, but to me it is Monday'.

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

• Like 9

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Pingo said:

Does no one do cuneiform on wax tablets any more?

Need to find a wax with a higher melting point. This time of year, wax tablets are the Sumerian equivalent of Snapchat.

22 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

Ok, I just got an email invite to my 20yr college reunion.  This should not have precipitated a panic attack.

Whippersnapper! ::D:

Next year will be ... shudder ... my 40yr HS reunion. Though, since the base whose dependent school I graduated from has been closed for more than a quarter century, it's anyone's guess where it might be held. Or if it might be held, come to that.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

It's Monday morning.

I just woke up.

I'm off today.

I'm still tired.

I have no plans.

I'm going back to bed.

Good idea!

54 minutes ago, Xherman1964 said:

@redambrosia happy anniversary!!!

I think I beat Monday!!!

I had the day off, did some shopping, walked Brutus, Made dinner, Received our flight tickets for our vacation.

Now I'm playing Panzer Corps.

Hmmm. Wait...That means tomorrow it is Tuesday, but to me it is Monday'.

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

I'm still in the middle of my Monday, but I've already had to deal with stupid government bureaucracy, so tomorrow will be Tuesday.

Got my car registered; that wasn't TOO painful, but I still decided to come back home and take a break before going out to deal with more government nonsense when I see about the passport.

• Like 9

I slept in.

Unexpected phone interview at 10am for a job I don't want and can't do. No I am not selling insurance door to door. I try to be nice about it but when they keep going on about the job after the third 'no, sorry, I'm not interested in this field' I have to be blunt. 'I am a scientist. I spent a decade in college and I would like the opportunity to use it. Have a good day.'

I went back to sleep. Now I just woke up and it's after 2pm. I should make coffee.

• Like 11

7 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Yesterday was our 5th anniversary. Hubby asked me why I stuck around for that long. "Obviously I either like being annoyed, or you aren't doing the right kind of annoying to drive me away." :lol:

Happiest anniversary to you and Mrambrosia! :bday: May you have many more!

4 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

It's Monday morning.

I just woke up.

I'm off today.

I'm still tired.

I have no plans.

I'm going back to bed.

I fully endorse this plan!

2 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

Ok, I just got an email invite to my 20yr college reunion.  This should not have precipitated a panic attack.

There's college reunions? :huh: I've only heard of high school ones. I really wish that my high school didn't rely solely on each graduating class to make reunions happen; my class has yet to have one that I know of. :unsure:

I'm going to go keep Ludo company in his hangout for awhile, since this is likely to be his final Ma'al day (depending on his work tomorrow): https://hangouts.google.com/call/npjd45asqnbehep7d6afmtnw4eu

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 12

4 hours ago, Pingo said:

Does no one do cuneiform on wax tablets any more?

With this heat, I don't think they'll last long.

2 hours ago, canuckotter said:

I know this isn't the solution you used, but for future reference, here's an official IETF RFC: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1149

Caught up! Woo! Now back to work, because the brain weasels are circling and if I don't start concentrating on something I'm going to have a hard time keeping the stupid things at bay.

A good idea, but Buglips can't fly. At least not until I can get the trebuchet set up.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

Plans are in the making for my 20yr. It will happen in May of 2018.

1 hour ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Next year will be ... shudder ... my 40yr HS reunion. Though, since the base whose dependent school I graduated from has been closed for more than a quarter century, it's anyone's guess where it might be held. Or if it might be held, come to that.

Well, I can't speak to my high school, but the college I attended has survived the past 250-ish years intact, and I imagine it will hold out another few months for the reunion to take place. :poke:

1 minute ago, OneBoot said:

There's college reunions? :huh: I've only heard of high school ones. I really wish that my high school didn't rely solely on each graduating class to make reunions happen; my class has yet to have one that I know of. :unsure:

Huzzah!

There are, and, honestly, I am way more interested in my college reunion than in my 25th high school reunion, coming up in 2019. (*shudder*)

Private colleges, especially, make a huge deal out of it as an alumni fund-raising event.

• Like 8

Hmm. In cleaning out my closet (I'm pulling everything out, reassessing it, separating out recycling, and eventually repacking) I found a number of eighteenth-century-style ruffle-front shirts from Le Château.

So far as I know there hasn't been a Le Château in town since 1990, maybe 1992.

I find myself deeply glad that I have never been particularly fashionably dressed. 

• Like 11

Just now, Froggy the Great said:

I'd join you if I weren't in a conference call.

Ludo says to hop on over when you're free; he'll be there until about 10pm CST.

Huzzah!

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

.....and Mission:Passport has failed. The local post office only does the application until 2pm.:grr:

Grumble,grumble,woof,complain.

Ours only does passports by appointment. We were looking at the dates and they didn't look right. That's when we realized it was for the next month, and it was almost full! Thank goodness we were doing it early. 

Work week is not off to a good start. Really want to curl up on the floor in the fetal position. and cry a puddle all over the Standard Cubicle Carpet Style #15. 

Or maybe I'll just buy a chocolate bar instead.

Yeah. Going to go with chocolate. And maybe get a bit more sleep tonight. 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Hmm. In cleaning out my closet (I'm pulling everything out, reassessing it, separating out recycling, and eventually repacking) I found a number of eighteenth-century-style ruffle-front shirts from Le Château.

So far as I know there hasn't been a Le Château in town since 1990, maybe 1992.

I find myself deeply glad that I have never been particularly fashionably dressed. 

But I've always been able to dress as a pirate! ::D:

• Like 12