Randomness XII: Eighteen! Purple! Squirrels!

6 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

(Poor girl probably won't make it to 5'2".)  Trying really hard to help her make a good impression when she starts at the high school in the fall.  

Put her hair up in a topknot and get her a furry vest. She will automatically become friends with the right sort of people.

• Like 9

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Put her hair up in a topknot and get her a furry vest. She will automatically become friends with the right sort of people.

I'm...  I'm not sure I can do the topknot without giving her neck strain.  Her hair is rather Lady Godiva-esque.  But she's got a headband with cat ears and some serious looking leather ankle boots (paddock boots).  Mostly she hangs with the anime crowd.

• Like 13

So, in our parking lots there's a sign on every meter/space that says either "Park facing meter" or "No backing into space." Granted, they can be a little small at times, but they're there and they're right in your eye line when you pay at the meter. In the ones with just numbered spaces that you then pay for at a central pay station, there's also a big(talking 2ft by 3ft) sign with a list of the parking lot rules and the fees for each violation, which includes "Backing into space: $7.50" printed in about 60 point bold font. It's kind of hard to miss, because the sign is literally right next to the pay stations.

Yet, somehow, it's my fault that people continue to back into spaces and get tickets for it even if they've paid for their parking. So they get angry at me, because "I paid for my space what difference does it make if I broke the other rules," and I get to call them dumb and/or lazy. It's a perk of the job.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, NebulousMissy said:

I have always wondered because I seem to be incapable but...

How can one make a small lasagna? Is it even possible? Every time I try I end up making a 10 pound lasagna and have to call people to help me eat it.

You need a little, deep pan, like a small brownie pan or a bread loaf pan.

• Like 10

Blarg... indicator light for my car came on again today when I went to get lunch. I'm sitting at the car repair place while the run another diagnostic on it as the car says it's the same problem as before. They said that the replacement could've been a bad part. Been here for an hour now. Probably not getting any hobby time in tonight. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

She is going to high school, not kendergarten.

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Blarg... indicator light for my car came on again today when I went to get lunch. I'm sitting at the car repair place while the run another diagnostic on it as the car says it's the same problem as before. They said that the replacement could've been a bad part. Been here for an hour now. Probably not getting any hobby time in tonight. 

Yikes.... can't like that...

*** Sniffs and Sniffs and Sniffs ***

*** Breathes on the window and writes LASAGNA in the fog ***

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Grayfax said:

Yikes.... can't like that...

*** Sniffs and Sniffs and Sniffs ***

*** Breathes on the window and writes LASAGNA in the fog ***

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Make sure they show you the part they replaced. As in put it on the desk so you can poke it.

I went to a place once where they simply turned off the warning light instead of fixing anything so when the light came back on they could get the repeat business. It wasn't my car (hah) but it's still a dick move.

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

Weird Al makes me want to go pull out the handed down accordion that I have zero knowledge of how to play... still not sure where my Dad got it from...

His days in the merchant marine when he wooed that beautiful resistance fighter from Rennes, Fifi, her name was?

• Like 11

Just now, Pingo said:

His days in the merchant marine when he wooed that beautiful resistance fighter from Rennes, Fifi, her name was?

Ha! Nope... he went to college and got married and delayed the draft, and was being bumped up as all of the hubbub was calming down, so he ended up not going around the time I was born.  Though if it came through my Mama's line... that is entirely possible!

• Like 8

No time for hobbying tonight... I had intended to do some but I had to paint my nails and the rest of my hobby time was eaten up helping a new friend. I figure that helping someone stop feeling lost and alone and switch from fear and shame to excitement and courage is a pretty good reason to take a break from an art therapy project intended to help remind me that I make a difference in the lives of those I care about... :lol: 

Edit: Here, have some metal played on a shovel:

Spoiler

Edited by canuckotter
Adding a video
  • Like 11