Randomness XII: Eighteen! Purple! Squirrels!

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

Crazy that we have been hotter than you.

We have had August like weather since the end of May. I feel like the Fey have taken over the land and brought eternal summer. I don't mind this at all. 

However, I know what comes after summer and fall.... and I am concerned it will be harsh. 

Seattle has gone from (I believe) the wettest winter on record to what will likely become the longest dry stretch ever recorded.  I would be a lot more cheerful about this if we had any sort of A/C, but we do not.  And our bedroom is south facing.  :zombie:  The house is above 80 most afternoons and I'm rather sick of it.  

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

Crazy that we have been hotter than you.

We have had August like weather since the end of May. I feel like the Fey have taken over the land and brought eternal summer. I don't mind this at all. 

However, I know what comes after summer and fall.... and I am concerned it will be harsh. 

It's not so much the heat for us, it's the humidity. 67% is really low, it's normally around 88-92% and that's when it's really miserable.

5 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

69-71 is good temps!  71 is what I set it to when we get home and 69 is good sleeping!  Yeah, we put it at 73 or 74 when leaving the house... mostly so the cats don't freeze!  Ha!

I prefer the 69F side of things and don't really like to set it above 73 or 74 when I leave because it takes it so long to catch up in the evening.... but my electricity bill made a sudden hop that I wasn't too pleased with.....but then I think that it just has to work twice as hard to bring the temp back down in the evening that I might as well let it run multiple times during the day and it'll all even out.

• Like 8

I usually like the ac, but the way this office cranks it up, and the fact that it blows directly on me all day... Makes me wasn't to build a roof over my cubical. And another wall. Maybe with a door.

Maybe. 

A portcullis might be a better alternative...

• Like 7

Just now, David Brawley said:

I usually like the ac, but the way this office cranks it up, and the fact that it blows directly on me all day... Makes me wasn't to build a roof over my cubical. And another wall. Maybe with a door.

Maybe. 

A portcullis might be a better alternative...

See, that's when I'm happiest. I want the A/C to blow directly on me all day so that I have to wrap myself up in a sweater and think how cold I am and that I might have a cup of hot cocoa when it's eleventy billion degrees outside.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

Weather Underground... Almanac...

HAHAHA , that is exactly what I stumbled into! It was a life saver. The boss wanted to know the exact number because customer is claiming the project is taking too long. He wanted and exact figure to show them what the reason for the delay has been.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Grayfax said:

Yeah, you can't bring that up.  That's how we get a talking to from the Kaiju... and I wasn't even involved back then... 

makes me wonder what it would have been like to live through it!

The Horror 

the horror. ...

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

See, that's when I'm happiest. I want the A/C to blow directly on me all day so that I have to wrap myself up in a sweater and think how cold I am and that I might have a cup of hot cocoa when it's eleventy billion degrees outside.

I like it cold, but when it's blowing directly on me I get a headache after a bit. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Ludo said:

Sweet geebus, this tread is big enough to enlist!

Pretty crazy right? We are sending it to war next week.

8 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

I usually have the AC set to 'off'. I get heat-sick if I have to duck in and out of AC. It's a problem habit I gained from summers in the desert.

Wow, we just had an installer here at work have to go to the hospital for that exact reason. 

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

Seattle has gone from (I believe) the wettest winter on record to what will likely become the longest dry stretch ever recorded.  I would be a lot more cheerful about this if we had any sort of A/C, but we do not.  And our bedroom is south facing.  :zombie:  The house is above 80 most afternoons and I'm rather sick of it.  

I hear you sistra.

Front yard looks like a strawstorm hit it. Very little green remaining.

• Like 5