• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Put together 7 of them. I like the sculpts. Some small pieces but nothing too bad.    They come with metal bases but I based them on 30mm rounds. 

I took some quick ones for you. I got three of the 28mm metals. They are decent quality, my only complaint is that to me the facial features are not well defined and so they look off.    

The video really is pretty danged stupid - and likely to cost them customers, at least from those that actually watch the videos on Kickstarter. (I am one of those people.)   Not a matter of

Posted Images

The video is kind of cringey... but there are a couple nice models in this. The Hussar, Lagertha, the Centurian and the trapper. The Hussar I can maybe swap out her back banner in hand for a weapon. I wish the redcoat was in a more adventuring pose, than at rest eating cake... And the standard bearer should pull up and button her pant... :) but there are some that I really like.

I am in for the three pack at 28mm.

• Like 1

I... honestly have no idea what Megan would think of those....

For myself... no need of any of them - nor much desire, I'm afraid. (In spite of actually wanting a figure suitable for a female winged hussar....)

So, shifting it to Megan, and letting her decide.

The Auld Grump

• Like 2

... I should learn not to show things to Mr. Thorne.

I was dubious. Then he decided, without prompting, that he liked the same two out of the line up that I liked (Lagertha, Maxima), and started mumbling about the Red Army girl (I sense a Wolf girl in the offing) .. and perhaps a Jaegermonster.

Oops. I guess. Heh.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Sylverthorne said:

... I should learn not to show things to Mr. Thorne.

I was dubious. Then he decided, without prompting, that he liked the same two out of the line up that I liked (Lagertha, Maxima), and started mumbling about the Red Army girl (I sense a Wolf girl in the offing) .. and perhaps a Jaegermonster.

Oops. I guess. Heh.

In case you didn't know.  Bad Squiddo games does a line of Red Army girls.  Much more on the realistic end of things.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, etherial said:

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

7 hours ago, Last Knight said:

...this seems mildly melodramatic.

I kind of agree with etherial.  The video made me...  well in the interests of politeness let's just say 'irritable'.  I mean, the models are nice, but I'm not sure I want to back a project run by someone who thinks that's clever marketing.  I will poke around and see if they do retail and perhaps I'll get Lagertha that way.  

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bigchildcreatives/echoes-of-camelot-arthurian-legends

Story
      Echoes of Camelot: Arthurian Legends is a project that will expand our 75mm resin miniature range with new and exciting models based on the Matter of Britan, particularly around the figure of King Arthur and his Knights. We have many cool surprises prepared should you help us bring this dream to life.
      These miniatures have been sculpted and painted here at the Big Child Creatives studio with the collaboration of some of the most talented miniature artists out there. And what is more, they will be manufactured by our own talented team of resin casting experts. This allows us to monitor the process closely to ensure the best quality in the market and a timely delivery.
      We have learned a lot from our previous campaigns, and we want to put all this experience to good use, repeating everything we did right, improving upon it, and correcting our past mistakes. We invite you to join us in this journey of discovery throughout the Matter of Britain and its amazing cast of unique characters.
      This campaign is a journey of discovery, full of surprises such as custom bits to make your miniatures even more striking than they already are. Some of these kits will be Kickstarter exclusive, so those of you who choose to support us will be able to proudly show it through unique miniatures, even more full of life and character than our regular releases.

Painted by Ruben Martinez "RMA" Painted by Marc Masclans Painted by Arnau Lazaro
    • By GamerPrincess
      OMG!  Jason Weibe helped create the new Dwarven line being released on Kickstarter by Tomb Guardians!  These minis look so cool and they are cheap!  I haven't seen anyone post about this yet but here is the link.  It starts tomorrow morning.  They also said Bobby Jackson and Gene Van Horne created there monsters in the set.  Cant wait.   I purchased there Amazons and they were fantastic!  I posted some pics.  Im assuming the Fire Demon and add ons are in Resin.  

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tombguardians/28mm-fantasy-dwarven-miniature-collection-ii/edit/preview

Gamerprincess

• By Gadgetman!
      A huge 2 for 1 KS!  
      (You get BOTH Humans and Halflings in one project! )
      Bloody Peasants! by Midlam Miniatures — Kickstarter

Story
      "Oh no!  It's an armed agrarian uprising!"
      Toiling in the fields for their feudal overlords, the peasants are equally quick to turn their tools to defending their lands from monstrous invaders or, when pressed to the limit, revolting and overturning cruel and greedy landowners.
      Bloody Peasants!
      A selection of human and halfling farmers in 28mm scale miniatures for all of your fantasy games.
      You can choose from humans, halflings or both!
      The Humans
      A familiar sight in the villages surrounding Midlam.
      The Halflings
      A smaller folk, doing the same jobs as the longshanks.

It's a Midlam project, so you know what that means;
      Maybe a stretch goal, very possibly an early fulfillment, and absolutely no nonsense. 

• By ced1106
      I'm backing this because the kobolds look more like Scottish terriers! 

$100 level has 40+ miniatures and FREE USA shipping!

RBJ Game Company has created 18 KS projects, mostly miniatures. Let me know your experience with them if you backed before.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1620164718/yippers-and-squealers/description

• By DocPiske
      Overlord
      Become a villain in this retro-inspired board game. Draft terrain tiles, recruit monsters, build your map, and become the Overlord!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brotherwise/overlord-a-boss-monster-adventure?ref=user_menu

I'm a fan of Boss Monster, so I backed this too. Already funded and delivery projected for October of this year.
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 71 Guests (See full list)