Well, it might not be the best video to send to your female friends to show them "look, there are miniature women, too!" as some guy in the KS comments apparently did.

But than again, the word "pin up" in the first sentence could probably tip you off towards that. Or the title "Hot and Dangerous".

• Like 1
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Put together 7 of them. I like the sculpts. Some small pieces but nothing too bad.    They come with metal bases but I based them on 30mm rounds. 

I took some quick ones for you. I got three of the 28mm metals. They are decent quality, my only complaint is that to me the facial features are not well defined and so they look off.    

The video really is pretty danged stupid - and likely to cost them customers, at least from those that actually watch the videos on Kickstarter. (I am one of those people.)   Not a matter of

Posted Images

1 hour ago, LittleBluberry said:

I kind of agree with etherial.  The video made me...  well in the interests of politeness let's just say 'irritable'.  I mean, the models are nice, but I'm not sure I want to back a project run by someone who thinks that's clever marketing.  I will poke around and see if they do retail and perhaps I'll get Lagertha that way.  

I didn't watch the video, so I presumed etherial was commenting on the minis themselves. Not my thing, but mouth--vomit seemed a bit excessive.

• Like 4

I totally understand offense at that video. I don't really understand not seeing it. I would definitely not want to have any of my work affiliated with even unaware advertisements.After all that, I think it's up to an individual to decide whether they like the minis enough to overlook distasteful (to put it politely) marketing. These aren't really to my taste pinup wise, but that video is an easy hard pass.

• Like 2

The video is meant for humor. But... it is kind of embarrassing. I would not (for example) watch it at work or in front of wife or daughter. Though I probably wouldn't make a big show that I am buying pin up models anyway. I don't think the video is really offensive but I think they did miss an opportunity to broaden their audience as it does seem aimed at "guys who like girls and miniatures"

as as far as the minis themselves though. They don't show a lot of skin, and aren't really suggestive of anything. They are just pretty girls in uniform. With the possible exception of the standard bearer as her uniform is falling off.

the comments from the creator say that there may be a samurai coming, and I put in a request for a musketeer (a la 3 musketeers) mini. I like 5 of the girls currently.

The miniatures are nicely sculpted on the other hand, and if there is a not-overly cheesy samurai-influenced pin-up I wouldn't mind getting one or two figures from this kickstarter. The sexism doesn't bother me too much either. There are other companies that are way worse (Kingdom Death comes to mind as it isn't only sexist but borderline sadistic/pro-rape)

• Like 2
3 hours ago, lexomatic said:

I totally understand offense at that video. I don't really understand not seeing it. I would definitely not want to have any of my work affiliated with even unaware advertisements.After all that, I think it's up to an individual to decide whether they like the minis enough to overlook distasteful (to put it politely) marketing. These aren't really to my taste pinup wise, but that video is an easy hard pass.

Jesus H Christ. If this is  the prevailing attitude in the colonies then America is screwed.

snowflakes 

I took one look at the images and thought "Oh, pin-up girls. DH will like that."  As far as cheesecake goes, I thought they were pretty inoffensive, like 40's nose art, and actually a lot less revealing. 

I've no use for them, but I think they'll be fine for painting and display. 

• Like 3

I was wondering what the heck the problem was. But I didn't - and rarely bother to - watch the video. Without having seen that, and with no intent to see it, I can't judge the mountain prospects of what appears to be a mole hill. ^^;

I'll keep an eye on it; it may be that they do some others that I have uses for.

• Like 2

The video really is pretty danged stupid - and likely to cost them customers, at least from those that actually watch the videos on Kickstarter. (I am one of those people.)

Not a matter of being a 'snowflake' - it is a matter of not wanting to be treated like an idiot. Gods know, gamers have enough of a bad public image without an idiot adding to it in the name of marketing.

It is not a matter of objecting to the sexy minis - I bought my good lady wife a bunch of figures from Wargame Exclusive that are much more cheesecake than these models. (A naked Tau sniper was the first 'just for fun' mini that Megan painted.)

I kind of like the hussar - and would have liked it better in a somewhat less sexy pose, but at least it is a sexy pose that kind of makes sense - she is adjusting her spur.

Other than that... I cannot help but feel that the Bombshell Babes fill the same niche, better. *Shrug*

The Auld Grump

• Like 8
20 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Not a matter of being a 'snowflake' - it is a matter of not wanting to be treated like an idiot. Gods know, gamers have enough of a bad public image without an idiot adding to it in the name of marketing.

The video is cheesy and not what I would have used, but I certainly don't consider it distasteful, stupid, or that it treats the viewer like an idiot. As someone said, it's clearly a parody of a dating show like 'Blind Date'. I'd go so far as to say that I think some of the one liners are pretty good, such as the 95th Rifles girl 'taking you over the hills and far away' (the 95th's regimental song)

I respectfully disagree about the presence of snowflakes