Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TheOldGuard
      Greetings!

Just finished another Reaper 25th Anniversary mini, this time Eli Quicknight.

I went with a dark gritty theme overall but with a flash of colour on his cloak. I used Reaper Master Series Triad 09701: Blood Colors for this - really happy with how they went on & the overall finish.

Thanks for looking!
      (4 Down, 8 to go!)

• By WhatsEcstacy
      Hey everyone!

Just checking in again to show off another paint job. This is the first of my group of 5 player characters that I am painting for my RP group. First off is Twynblade the Rogue, I was able to use the Eli Quicknight figure that came as part of the anniversary promotion. I hope you enjoy!

This is my 6th figure and I feel like I'm starting to develop a style. I like going for the gritty realism which is why I like adding details like muddy cloaks and dented/rusty armor and weapons. Because he is a roguish type and the guy who plays him is always hanging out in the shadows I went a little heavy on the dark wash for this character. I'm going to work on being more subtle with shadowed areas for my next piece, but I like how he turned out. I took my first real stab at eyes and boy was this a hard figure to start out on, With the hood and bandanna there is very little room to maneuver the brush. I got the whites of his eyes and liked the effect. There is no way I'm getting pupils in such a small area with a brush. I was wondering if anybody uses pens to apply pupils on any of their figures? Suggestions on that front and any other comments are welcome. Thanks again for taking a look.

~WhatsEcstacy

P.S. A lot of my figures came with really bent weapons including this one. I was able to straighten the dagger out a little more after taking the pictures, but any suggestions/tips on good ways to straighten out bent figures would be appreciated.
  • Who's Online   36 Members, 2 Anonymous, 94 Guests (See full list)