Dr_Automaton

77451 Invisible Cleric

Cleric? All I'm seeing is a hex grid, I mean it's a very nice looking hex grid and all, but I thought were suppose to show miniatures in this forum.

• Like 11

I like the deep blue on the Wizard, but for an invisibility effect I think you're right, the Cleric looks cleaner.  Very cool!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Pineapple said:

I like the deep blue on the Wizard, but for an invisibility effect I think you're right, the Cleric looks cleaner.  Very cool!

I agree.

• Like 1

Very nice.  Have you tried drybrushing that mix just on the edges?  In my minds eye it gives a neat effect and such imaginings occupy the voices for a bit.... : )

I haven't tried it, but I'm not sure how well it would work using the current gloss sealer formula.  To achieve any definition, the mix needs to pool in various places.  On raised or flat surfaces, it's a pretty weak color shift.  For drybrushing, I think the results would be better using a light shade of opaque paint.

UPDATE:

Just a quick note.  Since this was my first time playing with the transparent minis, along with using the Liquitex inks, I ran an experiment.  The cleric spent the last year (along with a ranger friend who was meant to be green but came out looking like she bathed in mouthwash -- I named her Listerina of Freshburst Forrest) on my bookshelf while the wizard was sealed in a small plastic box, sandwiched between layers of that foam rubber used in some blister packs.  Outgassing didn't seem to be an issue.  No tackiness or anything.  The finish on both groups feels smooth and solid.  Additionally, I didn't note any change in the color of the inks.  If there's any change in the color over time, it's likely to take years to be noticeable.

So, yeah, TLDR; this method works for me and I'll be using it on other transparent minis in the future.  Only thing I might change is that I might try doing some lining with a darker shade to bring out certain details before staining the whole figure.

• Like 1