Looking good so far! Do you have a reference photo you're following? I find that helps for the little details later!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corporea said:

Looking good so far! Do you have a reference photo you're following? I find that helps for the little details later!

Thank you! I have a couple of pictures of the character and of Ben Komets's version saved. His have already been useful for the shadow and highlight placements of the skin. 

Edited by SGHawkins09
  • Like 1

On 6/27/2017 at 7:46 PM, SGHawkins09 said:

Thank you! I have a couple of pictures of the character and of Ben Komets's version saved. His have already been useful for the shadow and highlight placements of the skin. 

The wife and I have been looking at the Komets version and it looks like he used green around the neckline, under the jaw, under the nose, around the eyes and brow, and then glazed back over with the flesh shadow. She says something like a green shadow thinned down. Also it looks like he added some red to the cheek, nose, chin, and neck areas.

Edited by Mr Melons
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Melons said:

The wife and I have been looking at the Komets version and it looks like he used green around the neckline, under the jaw, under the nose, around the eyes and brow, and then glazed back over with the flesh shadow. She says something like a green shadow thinned down. Also it looks like he added some red to the cheek, nose, chin, and neck areas.

Thanks for the info, I have been thinking that as well. There is some definite green there. Right now I am mainly using his version as a guide and am not really trying to match it. I am pretty much winging it and doing what feels right for me. I might end up attempting some glazing but right now, nothing is set in stone.

• Like 2

I have been working on the skin periodically in between getting other projects started. Since I am building up everything slowly it has taken me a bit to get to a point that shows progress. I would say most of the shading is done on her face, just need to tweak a few areas. I have started highlighting and working on her neck.

IMG_3213.thumb.JPG.b9b870777f893aca25d0bf762d0dbcaa.JPGIMG_3215.thumb.JPG.0537e54dd3f9ae2877e1d5c44b236184.JPG

• Like 16

Ok, I think I have reached the point where I need to stop fiddling with her face. I am happy with it at this point and while I wish some things were different, I seem to be working backwards now. I try correct something and it just makes it worse or I need to then adjust something else. So here she is a little washed out in the pictures, lips and eyes are next.

IMG_3231.thumb.JPG.bfe8063e11089745a76e90b23dab8d2d.JPGIMG_3235.thumb.JPG.1a238674d3eaa771b90ccf0c48c71120.JPGIMG_3236.thumb.JPG.c12e4a82bfa7f6501581dbc8668f8d3e.JPG

• Like 10

She has some nice skin tones, are you going to add some make-up to her eyelid and maybe rosy up her cheeks a bit with a very thin glaze?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

She has some nice skin tones, are you going to add some make-up to her eyelid and maybe rosy up her cheeks a bit with a very thin glaze?

Thanks Ub3r. I might do some more glazes after I have had some time to get comfortable with what I have done already. I have done a bit of red in her and the eyelid have a bit of blue on them but it is hard to see in the photos.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SGHawkins09 said:

Thanks Ub3r. I might do some more glazes after I have had some time to get comfortable with what I have done already. I have done a bit of red in her and the eyelid have a bit of blue on them but it is hard to see in the photos.

You're welcome. ::D:

Yeah, get comfortable with it and go where the mood takes you!

Are you taking inspiration from the show "Vikings" for her or are you going a different direction in regards to color palette for hair and clothing (as you only have some blocked-in basecoats so far)?

• Like 1

I am using the character and Ben Komets's version as a guideline. So while I am not going to try to match the colors exactly, the light leather and dark leather will be in the same areas and the shield will be teal but with a different design. I would have liked to expirement and do something different but my friend want this version.

• Like 1

Just now, SGHawkins09 said:

I am using the character and Ben Komets's version as a guideline. So while I am not going to try to match the colors exactly, the light leather and dark leather will be in the same areas and the shield will be teal but with a different design. I would have liked to expirement and do something different but my friend want this version.

Oh I must have missed that, you are doing it for a friend? As a gift or a commission?

A little of both actually. It is a commission for a friend who intends it to be a gift for his wife, who is a really good friend of mine. I probably would not have accepted the commission if it had come from someone else. 

• Like 3