Sign in to follow this  

These mold lines are intense. They aren't really that visible, but they seem to be in all the hard to reach areas. Some don't even make sense on where they are.

I have been working on the mold lines since my previous post and I finished the minis on the black tray (about half of what I was hoping to).

20170628_233943.thumb.jpg.ba31d1d187e16b3b01ebd81f2209c465.jpg

The color scheme will draw heavily from the color of the plastic for all of these minis. My goals are for the minis to noticeably belong to their faction and for the minis to pop at the table.

• Like 10

This is going to be fun to watch, though it might start to give me crazy ideas about painting all of my Cthulhu Wars stuff too . . .

The Egg

• Like 1

Mold lines removed.

Cthulhu has a decent amount of gap where his wings connect. Do you guys think I should try to boil his and pry the wings off in order to reseat them or should I gap fill?

20170629_215614.jpg

20170629_215602.jpg

20170629_215626.jpg

Edited by Talae
  • Like 8

I got lost looking at reference art and photos. I am thinking I might go with a Green/Yellow/Dark Blue scheme for this faction, but I am not sold on it yet. Going to sleep on it.

• Like 1

I would boil and reset and gap-fill whatever's left. Though if you're going to do this to other ones, you might want to boil them before you remove the mold lines.  

Looking forward to your work on these. 

I don't like extra work. If the wing geometry looks fine (it does to me, YMMV),  just gap fill the fit to the body.  If you want to change the posture of the wings, then boil them and adjust as necessary.

5 hours ago, Rahz said:

I would boil and reset and gap-fill whatever's left. Though if you're going to do this to other ones, you might want to boil them before you remove the mold lines.  

Looking forward to your work on these. 

Why boil before mold line removal?

I have been testing some colors on a Bones mini. I didn't do any highlights on the head and only have Green Liner on the wings, but what do you guys think so far? 

20170630_115140.thumb.jpg.e452207887f09f9907a87eeb229ec785.jpg

20170630_115106.thumb.jpg.9dbb51a62e8cc3dd8a3b069686b48b16.jpg

• Like 7

My test paint job is just about done. Not sure on the eyes or the wings yet, though.

20170630_161017.thumb.jpg.4a633558c663e27f0d65c7166818709b.jpg

20170630_160925.thumb.jpg.f6612b2add98548d238e09a1a779eeff.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Wait....they have green liner!.....GAHHHHH

KS3...

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Talae said:

KS3...

Yea I realized that after hunting the store for some....Hopefully it gets released soon...Wonder how many it will take to prime Cthulhu...

Edited by Bane Of Humanity
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Talae said:

Why boil before mold line removal?

Easier to remove mold lines when the model is in pieces. 

• Like 1