I think I have figured out who is who except for one:

224 - Tinman with an axe

225 - Is this the wizard or the lion?

226 - scarecrow with a big scythe

227 - Wicked witch

228- Monkey

229 - Dorothy and toto

so what is 225?

I am hoping I can get the KSIII core set off someone soon:)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

The Lion. We made no Wizard. Probably because (spoiler alert if you haven't seen Wizard of Oz) a silly man behind a curtain wouldn't sell well.

Pretty sure a large mechanical head terrain piece would, though...

• Like 12

I propose 50187 Smedley Cloverdash as a proxy for the Wizard.  Yeah, it's metal Chronoscope rather than Bones, but I think it works for a steampunk take on the Wizard of Oz theme.  It's almost a cliche now that when I see a "reimagining" of the Wizard of Oz, the "Wizard" ends up becoming some sort of steampunk-ish tinker-conman of dubious morals.  Why the leg prosthesis?  Well, see, there's the matter of that hot air balloon crash when he first arrived in Oz.  Take Smedley, stick him behind a curtain, and we're all set.  ;)  

Hair should probably be WHITE, however, unlike my choice of black.  And I know the Wizard of Oz in the movie didn't have a mustache or goatee, but SOMEBODY needs it if we're going to go all steampunk, and it certainly wouldn't look right on the Wicked Witch.

Perhaps the "cane" is actually a lever.  (For bonus points and overkill, perhaps put several more levers and turn-wheels on the base, and something vaguely looking like a pedestal/podium/control box in front of him, with various gratuitous gears exposed.)

smedley_cloverdash__steampunk_villain_by

Edited by Jordan Peacock
  • Like 12

2 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

Now, that would be a great Bones terrain piece!  

Yeah, come to think of it, some sort of giant mechanical head could probably have uses beyond just "Oz."  I could imagine in a steampunk setting, having some vast "thinking machine" and OF COURSE it has to be fashioned to look like a giant head (because what ELSE could a thinking machine look like? ;)  )  Or it's what's left of a Great Colossus of the Ancients.  

Otherwise, it sounds like it would make for an interesting terrain project to serve as a framing element for the collection of Wizard of Ozzers (not sure what else to call them).  Sure, sure, putting them all on a golden cogwheel road might be sensible enough, but I could just as easily see placing them upon some dais, with a big converted plastic face-mask in the background, with the mouth/chin area cut and re-attached (to give the impression it's mechanical and might actually move), some glassy beads for the eyes, painted up to look bronze with verdigris, with some gratuitous gears, perched upon some PVC and a collection of straws and other tubes, like the mechano-head is steam-powered and being fed by some massive boiler downstairs.  Hirst Arts has a nice set of molds for pipes and turn-wheels; I'd prefer to use PVC for any "load-bearing" pipes, but that mold will probably be useful for a few gratuitously kludged-on pipes to bulk out the base, plus a hint at pressure-release wheels and vents.  (Not that it's terribly good design to have any controls out where random strangers might mess with them, but it would LOOK COOL.  And that's more important than functionality where the Great And Powerful Oz-Head is concerned.)

Okay, I so want to do something like this now.  That and a hundred other things.  I could probably actually find a USE for it in some weird game.  I just don't happen to have any of those flimsy plastic "masquerade" craft masks handy.  (I'm sure something will pop up around October.)

• Like 4

I'm all of a sudden really wanting a large multi-piece hard grey Bones kit of a giant mechanical head in which the eyes and jaw are actually assembled to be on rotating axis, so the eyes move left and right and the jaw moves up and down.   Connecting all to a floor lever that you can push back and forth to make them operate (like the old Aurora Pirates of the Caribbean Kits)! it would be fantastic! 

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:

The Lion. We made no Wizard. Probably because (spoiler alert if you haven't seen Wizard of Oz) a silly man behind a curtain wouldn't sell well.

I'm a tad late to the party, but considering the grit the Cowardly Lion has in his Reaper incarnation (mighod, he looks like Hellboy!) I would not have expected the Wizard to be a silly little man. 

That being said, I like the idea of a giant mechanical head...

• Like 2

On 2017-6-30 at 6:32 AM, Reaperbryan said:

Whoa whoa! We have spoiler tags for a reason!

• Like 6