Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Bedlam

Graveyard, of course

Now, I've done dioramas, and I've done scenic bases, and I've dressed up maps and suchlike, and I've certainly done terrain pieces... but up until now, I've never actually done a terrain BOARD.

Durnit.

Mockupgraveyard.jpg

• Like 15

Still thinkin'.

Painting goal is to do ONE pillar and ONE fence section to completion EVERY DAY until I run out of pillars and fence sections. Already half done with the tombstones. Found another sepulchre when I dug through my furniture and accessories, and I'm still hunting for all the items I got that one night from the gumball machine in the biker bar (one can be seen in the back row of tombstones, right side, in the picture above).

Pondering whether I wanna get another slab of airplane plywood and make it twice as wide... but there's no way I have enough fence to make that work.

Still thinkin'.

• Like 6

Fence segments continue to be painted. Finished all the tombstones and statues. 

Part of me wants to go dig around in the garage for those gumball machine memento moris. But it's hot out there, and I don't wanna.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

Fence segments continue to be painted. Finished all the tombstones and statues. 

Part of me wants to go dig around in the garage for those gumball machine memento moris. But it's hot out there, and I don't wanna.

You can always leave a space for them and add them later.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

That's looking very good!

Go find those parts, you know you want to.::D:

Part of me agrees with you.

Part of me doesn't want to find out how long I could stand digging around in that hot garage.... but in other news, the fence portions are almost finished!

• Like 2

Is that one set of fences, or two?  I'm interested in how this comes out.  I didn't get the crypt, but a friend gave me a bunch of Wyrd graveyard stuff that is truly creepy, and I want to do a similar thing. 

• Like 2

My graveyard is a sentimental place. 

I wanted the Bones III graveyard, but wasn't sure precisely where I'd put it or what I'd do with it. But I was perusing it, while making some add ons via the Pledge Manager, and She Who Dances With Mouselings noticed it over my shoulder and said, "What, you get all that? For HOW much? Tell me you GOT that! You didn't GET that? GET THAT! If YOU don't want it, I sure do!"

Well, it was kismet; I can tell myself "you don't need that," but when she and I BOTH want a thing....

I ordered the graveyard set, which comes with one set of fence segments. The picture above shows all of them; the little crypt at top left and the second gate at bottom left corner are in fact ceramic items I found at Dollar Tree last Halloween. The two colored ghosts are Free RPG Day giveaways from Wyrd, the grave next to the Red Ghost is a Horrorclix starter set piece,  and the odd looking tombstone at top right is one of the lost items I got out of the gumball machine at a biker bar, circa 1992. Still looking for the rest of those items, as mentioned above.

I do want another set of fences, but must regrettably wait until Reaper takes them retail.

• Like 7