3D printed "Stag Berserker"

Here we have a Hero Forge custom 3d printed figure, designed by yours truly. I've read some other peoples reviews, kinda bashing them. After this, my first experience with HF, I'd have to disagree. Yes, there was some "stepping", really not much though. I sanded it back on the larger areas like the cloak. All in all the time I put into prepping this dude was less time than I normally put into any other fig. The fact that I will not find any stray mold lines as I continue to paint him is very comforting.  After priming and base coating I did a bit of wash last night, nothing out of the ordinary happened. In these pics you may notice the stepping at the end of the flail. I think its just primer/sanding, as this was the way other parts looked after prime, before paint. The other parts look just fine after base paint.  I didn't spend much attention on the ball, if it ends a bit rippled and it's the only part that is, I think it will look like part of the weapons design.

595949cf3fe30_P1090260adj.jpg.c29b350e238cf4191b2c6a5e65264aeb.jpg

595949d007c88_P1090261adj.thumb.jpg.37f76206f4e7a3aafbe356bdab899054.jpg

• Like 17

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Tarsemina TY

@Froggy the Great I got the "premium plastic". Pretty happy with them. So much so that I have ordered another.

The one thing is that my "Berserker" is a bit larger than my other figs. Now, to be honest, I designed him as a large dude, not considering relative sizes. Not much of an issue for me as I only paint for "display". But if you play, you may want to keep this in mind.

As to my paint job; I thought I saw "folds" behind his knees, implying pants. It turned out to be the top strap of his boots. Now I need to decide whether or not to give him pants or skin. I'm leaning skin. So cliche though. Opinions out there?

3 hours ago, Flaming Tiki said:

@Tarsemina TY

@Froggy the Great I got the "premium plastic". Pretty happy with them. So much so that I have ordered another.

The one thing is that my "Berserker" is a bit larger than my other figs. Now, to be honest, I designed him as a large dude, not considering relative sizes. Not much of an issue for me as I only paint for "display". But if you play, you may want to keep this in mind.

As to my paint job; I thought I saw "folds" behind his knees, implying pants. It turned out to be the top strap of his boots. Now I need to decide whether or not to give him pants or skin. I'm leaning skin. So cliche though. Opinions out there?

Could be tight deer skin britches.....

He looks great! I have heard good things about the new plastic material. Have been following HF for a long time and think it is about time to order. They seem to have most of their kinks worked out and having my own personal figure is pretty cool!

Love the deer skin pelt you painted. He looks good. I would say go with pants myself.