Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
By Rob Dean
I haven’t picked up a brush these past two weeks, so I wanted to do something this morning. Since I spent the whole day yesterday tracking down some partly finished 1/72 medieval polearm men, I naturally did something else.
Last year I showed the start of my urban fantasy project. I’ve added a few miscellaneous figures (like last year’s Gencon Reaper preliminary speed paint entry), but I’ve been stalled for a while. Today was my day to unstall, a least a little bit.
Leon, on the left, is a “Bones 91010 Houngan”. Lucia is a Hero Forge figure, of an as-yet-unnamed Fae species. (I used the bovine legs and the long fae ears.) I feel better now that I’ve gotten something done this month.
(The mat, by the way, is from Frontline Games.)
So my fellow players wanted to get Hero Forge custom characters, and as the only painter in the group I did them up. The bard was in metal, the other two in resin. My goodness are the surfaces rough and the detail shallow! I was a bit embarrassed to hand them over, but they really liked them - it was super important that the figure was exactly the design they wanted. It was an interesting bit of calibration for me and how to enjoy the imperfect. I think the barbarian came out the best and my favorite bit to paint was the violin.
By Dilvish the Deliverer
So I've been printing the Fat Dragon Games dungeon tile that I received back durimg one of the Bones KSs. Finally got to paimting them all.
Figured that I should start a topic to record what I end up doimg with them. Here is the second batch that I painted drying. I primed them with my air brush and black Stylnrez, followed by succesibe layers of medium and light gray craft paints. I used a 1 inch trim brush for tje drybrushing.
So these are the two terrain pieces I finished up last night. The core of both these models are from Terrain4Print's Ulvheim modular terrain system and printed in PLA at 0.2mm on my Prusa.
This was a quick "gazebo" made exclusively of pieces I printed:
This is a hybrid piece. The foundation and walls are still Ulvheim pieces, epoxied together, and Magic Sculpt used to blend the seams between the pieces on the outside. The roof was made by me using card board and card stock, while the strips for the upper floor are just plastic card.
The reason I went with the handcrafted roof is because while the T2P roofs are nice, the number of pieces available limit the roof options. By hand building my roofs, I can get as complex as I want.
I'm really enjoying this hybrid approach of 3d printing and hand crafting.
My next building is a larger church.
So I have a commission to print a bunch of 37mm Type 55 Chinese AA guns in 15mm scale. Most parts are in resin to get the requisite detail.
After 6 hours printing time we have all the gun barrels and most of the cruciform bases complete (unfortunately one failed), the gun mounts and remaining cruciform bases are currently on the printer.
I'll add photos of all the parts as they're completed (I won't be assembling them though as I don't trust the postal service!)
Questions welcome ;-)
Who's Online 29 Members, 2 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)
- Knight of the Dinner Table
- Reverend Shartan