Here we have a Hero Forge custom 3d printed figure, designed by yours truly. I've read some other peoples reviews, kinda bashing them. After this, my first experience with HF, I'd have to disagree. Yes, there was some "stepping", really not much though. I sanded it back on the larger areas like the cloak. All in all the time I put into prepping this dude was less time than I normally put into any other fig. The fact that I will not find any stray mold lines as I continue to paint him is very comforting.  After priming and base coating I did a bit of wash last night, nothing out of the ordinary happened. In these pics you may notice the stepping at the end of the flail. I think its just primer/sanding, as this was the way other parts looked after prime, before paint. The other parts look just fine after base paint.  I didn't spend much attention on the ball, if it ends a bit rippled and it's the only part that is, I think it will look like part of the weapons design.

595949cf3fe30_P1090260adj.jpg.c29b350e238cf4191b2c6a5e65264aeb.jpg

595949d007c88_P1090261adj.thumb.jpg.37f76206f4e7a3aafbe356bdab899054.jpg

• Like 17

@Tarsemina TY

@Froggy the Great I got the "premium plastic". Pretty happy with them. So much so that I have ordered another.

The one thing is that my "Berserker" is a bit larger than my other figs. Now, to be honest, I designed him as a large dude, not considering relative sizes. Not much of an issue for me as I only paint for "display". But if you play, you may want to keep this in mind.

As to my paint job; I thought I saw "folds" behind his knees, implying pants. It turned out to be the top strap of his boots. Now I need to decide whether or not to give him pants or skin. I'm leaning skin. So cliche though. Opinions out there?

3 hours ago, Flaming Tiki said:

@Tarsemina TY

@Froggy the Great I got the "premium plastic". Pretty happy with them. So much so that I have ordered another.

The one thing is that my "Berserker" is a bit larger than my other figs. Now, to be honest, I designed him as a large dude, not considering relative sizes. Not much of an issue for me as I only paint for "display". But if you play, you may want to keep this in mind.

As to my paint job; I thought I saw "folds" behind his knees, implying pants. It turned out to be the top strap of his boots. Now I need to decide whether or not to give him pants or skin. I'm leaning skin. So cliche though. Opinions out there?

Could be tight deer skin britches.....

He looks great! I have heard good things about the new plastic material. Have been following HF for a long time and think it is about time to order. They seem to have most of their kinks worked out and having my own personal figure is pretty cool!

Love the deer skin pelt you painted. He looks good. I would say go with pants myself.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rob Dean
      I haven’t picked up a brush these past two weeks, so I wanted to do something this morning.  Since I spent the whole day yesterday tracking down some partly finished 1/72 medieval polearm men, I naturally did something else. 

Last year I showed the start of my urban fantasy  project.  I’ve added a few miscellaneous figures (like last year’s Gencon Reaper preliminary speed paint entry), but I’ve been stalled for a while.  Today was my day to unstall, a least a little bit.

Leon, on the left, is a “Bones 91010 Houngan”.  Lucia is a Hero Forge figure, of an as-yet-unnamed Fae species.  (I used the bovine legs and the long fae ears.)  I feel better now that I’ve gotten something done this month.  

(The mat, by the way, is from Frontline Games.)
    • By Iridil
      So my fellow players wanted to get Hero Forge custom characters, and as the only painter in the group I did them up. The bard was in metal, the other two in resin. My goodness are the surfaces rough and the detail shallow! I was a bit embarrassed to hand them over, but they really liked them - it was super important that the figure was exactly the design they wanted. It was an interesting bit of calibration for me and how to enjoy the imperfect. I think the barbarian came out the best and my favorite bit to paint was the violin.

• By Dilvish the Deliverer
      So I've been printing the Fat Dragon Games dungeon tile that I received back durimg one of the Bones KSs.  Finally got to paimting them all. 

Figured that I should start a topic to record what I end up doimg with them.  Here is the second batch that I painted drying.  I primed them with my air brush and black Stylnrez, followed by succesibe layers of medium and light gray craft paints.  I used a 1 inch trim brush for tje drybrushing.

• By kristof65
      So these are the two terrain pieces I finished up last night. The core of both these models are from Terrain4Print's Ulvheim modular terrain system and printed in PLA at 0.2mm on my Prusa.

This was a quick "gazebo" made exclusively of pieces I printed:

This is a hybrid piece. The foundation and walls are still Ulvheim pieces, epoxied together, and Magic Sculpt used to blend the seams between the pieces on the outside. The roof was made by me using card board and card stock, while the strips for the upper floor are just plastic card.

The reason I went with the handcrafted roof is because while the T2P roofs are nice, the number of pieces available limit the roof options. By hand building my roofs, I can get as complex as I want.

I'm really enjoying this hybrid approach of 3d printing and hand crafting.

My next building is a larger church.
    • By ratsmitglied
      So I have a commission to print a bunch of 37mm Type 55 Chinese AA guns in 15mm scale. Most parts are in resin to get the requisite detail.

After 6 hours printing time we have all the gun barrels and most of the cruciform bases complete (unfortunately one failed), the gun mounts and remaining cruciform bases are currently on the printer.

I'll add photos of all the parts as they're completed (I won't be assembling them though as I don't trust the postal service!)

Questions welcome ;-)

• Who's Online   29 Members, 2 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)