WONDERFUL! It was a pleasure watching the Bold Adventurers evolve. I have developed a true love of your painting style. There is something of John Blanche to it, yet uniquely your own. Your creations are the beneficiaries of some FINE brushwork & an imaginative eye for colors. VERY WELL DONE!

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 2

I think I’ve said it before but I really like your painting style. I’ve never seen another quite the same and I think it’s cool and looks great. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Erifnogard said:

I think I’ve said it before but I really like your painting style. I’ve never seen another quite the same and I think it’s cool and looks great. 

Well, thank you, that's very kind!

I'm not sure exactly what my style is, but I don't mind if people imitate it.

• Like 1

I am stunned by the job on the elf ranger’s eye!  Many people struggle with getting a black dot in the white eye in the right place.  You have a dark area under the upper eyelid, only part of the iris visible and even a white reflection in the corner!  Amazing!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, stormbreach said:

I am stunned by the job on the elf ranger’s eye!  Many people struggle with getting a black dot in the white eye in the right place.  You have a dark area under the upper eyelid, only part of the iris visible and even a white reflection in the corner!  Amazing!!

4 hours ago, VolksFest said:

Wow! They are beautiful! And speed paint you say? This is very uncanny.. Those eyes.. Wow again!

Thank you!  I ... really enjoy painting eyes, I guess.  Well, faces overall.

(I am an artist in my day job.  That probably helps.)

There is a WIP thread here:

This was a speed paint by my standards.  I think the whole batch was painted in about six or seven hours over two afternoons, the first day for the faces, the second for everything else.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      From the Bones 4 core set, this is the subset called "Classic Horror", #130 through #135.
      A take on some of the monsters of the 1930's Universal movies series fame, with both male and female counterparts. I based the Mummy on a 35x25mm base as his integral base was both scenic and rather wide and I did not want to cut it down. The others are based on 30mm round lipped bases.

Click for more pics

• By Maledrakh
      This mini is called "Vorvorlaka" and is from the Bones 3 kickstarter, Graveyard expansion. I based it on a 30mm lipped base.

The obligatory size comparisons...

77631 Vorvorlaka
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 3 KS 2015, Graveyard expansion
      Sculpted by Bob Ridolfi
      30mm base
      available from reapermini.com

Here shown with Reaper 80068 Victorians and North Star's Pulp Heroes: The Film Crew sculpted by Bob Murch
      click the pic to enlarge

• By Maledrakh
      Two out of three "Victorians" .These are from the Bones 3 kickstarter, Mythos expansion, and called "Victorians". 

The colour schemes are inspired by the "town walk" outfits of Mina and Vlad in 1992 movie Bram Stoker's Dracula.

...and for some reason these are in a smaller scale than most other reaper minis.

80068 Victorians 
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 3 KS 2015, Mythos expansion
      Sculpted by Bob Ridolfi
      25mm 3D printed bases
    • By Maledrakh
      This one has been standing around half-painted for a while. The rule 63 Drizzt Do'Urden from Bones 2.
      This model is quite nice from the front and back, but really flat from the side. Which is typical of originally made for single piece metal casting-minis.

Your panther has made a mess of my carpet! Come clean it up!

77217 Mi-Sher, female elf with scimitars
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 2 KS 2013 core set
      Sculpted by Julie Guthrie
      Bonesium PVC.
      30mm lipped base
    • By Cicciopiu
      Hello forum family, wanna show you my last work: Sister Hazel.
      Was aiming to a realistic look,  she came out cartoonish  (as always)...
      Had some problems painting the bottles and had to paint it twice cause at first I've inverted the shadows and it looked like Windows XP desktop image -.-
      Still no good, but at least it look like bottles  Same problem with the googles.
      I'm happy with the blood splat and the dirty look, that's probably the only part I'm happy with.
      Anyway:

Every advise is suuuuper welcome (please!)
  • Who's Online   26 Members, 2 Anonymous, 102 Guests (See full list)