J4hWjt4.jpg

Painting up a rat dude for a Pathfinder game I'm in. I wanted to go with an albino white rat look. I had trouble getting the skin to come out right at first. I'd gone with a medium caucasian skintone (Vallejo Medium Flesh), washed with GW Carroburg Crimson, and then highlighted with Vallejo Highlight Skin, a very pale skintone. I wanted to go with a high contrast. It ended up not working quite as well as I had hoped. Adding in some Reaper Old West Rose where the Medium Flesh showed helped a lot. In the future, I think I'll either add a midtone in between the two skin colors, or else start with a pink like the Old West Rose. The end result isn't too bad, but I think I can get there faster, and with a less mesy looking result.

aIAJjVb.jpg

I used my Scale 75 steel alchemy set, using their guide for a more blue steel for the sword and chainmail. I think I'll want to add in a bit more of a neutral steel color for the midtones. Right now, it's coming across too blue and green. After that, I need to finish up the fur cloak, do some finishing on the leather belt, and add some basing.

• Like 10

Thanks! No new photos, but I've gone ahead and hit up his underside with a slightly darker off-white/brown (it's a Reaper sample, something similar to the Ginger Cookie paint). Next I'll brighten up the highlights in his fur, and I think that'll be done. I've also highlighted the fur cloak with a couple of browns and added in the more neutral metallic color in. I still need to fix up the leather. I might just go with a quick wash, hit up the metal buckle, and then add a highlight. And then I need to add in a final highlight on the sword and chainmail. But he's getting close to done, or at least ready for basing.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this