image.jpeg.6e9d9b95e5e58f4bce77249860cb8cbf.jpegimage.jpeg.30224bd81407489ee05b4ce4ffa3bc31.jpeg

I am still not happy with the skin tones I have come up with for my basic Zombicide zombies... Most have been too green. So I wanted to try something more of a pale skin to grey color.. And believe it or not I am out of Bones zombies and that's to experiment on. So I found Goldar who is my proxie zombie. 

What do you guys think? I am actually happy with this one for two reasons: I painted him I about two hours total and I think this skin tone will work for my standard Zombicide zombies. It is VMC 2 parts basic skin tone to 1 part sky grey. Then a light wash of Army Painter dark tone Ink. Btw... I am going to stick with their ink since it dries in less than an hour, rather than two days for their quick shade dip.

Once I get a Caucasian zombie skin I like, then I will have to work on an African zombie skin tone to add some variety.

Edited by KruleBear
Format text
  • Like 17

Very nice!

If you glaze a skintone over it like rosy higlight, or Fair skin you might give it more of a fresh dead look.

Thanks Tjrez.

19 minutes ago, Pillpeddler said:

The ultimate thug for a necromancer.  Very nice.

Thanks. I definately think the Scooby gang will have a new level of zombies to deal with now!::):

6 minutes ago, Xherman1964 said:

Very nice!

If you glaze a skintone over it like rosy higlight, or Fair skin you might give it more of a fresh dead look.

I think you are correct. I may try using the brown ink instrad of the dark tone too. The dark tone i essentially a black.  I may also up the skin ration in the base mix. For the mob of zombicide minis I am hoping to keep the paint job fairly simple, then focus more attention on the survivors. Of course by the time I find the magic recipe, I will have probably had enough time to paint them with normal layering. 

• Like 2

Reaper's new sepia wash is a nice alternative and close to the wash I created for my zombicide mini's I painted up.  RMS Vapiric Skin is a nice pale skin color you might consider if you use Reaper paints.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silvervane said:

Reaper's new sepia wash is a nice alternative and close to the wash I created for my zombicide mini's I painted up.  RMS Vapiric Skin is a nice pale skin color you might consider if you use Reaper paints.

I think you are right about the vampiric skin. I considered using that and it looks close to what I ended up with. I don't have the Reaper sepia wash, but have similar. I was hoping to use the AP urethane quickshade due to the LARGE VOLUME of zombicide minis, but I am not sold on the two colors I bought (it also annoys me waiting two days for it to dry). 

Thanks for the suggestions it is much appreciated....I may have to sacrifice a succubi and shaolin monk for zombification trials. 

• Like 1