Bones 4 is Coming Soon!

Reaper Ron

So, let me see if I am getting this right? If the pledge manager works in KS4 as it did in KS3, if I just pledge a $1 (or more) and initially just get a few of the add ons, after the KS is done, until they close the pledge manager (and hopefully give us fair warning), I can still pledge and get say the core set and any other add ons? Is that right? Man if I can pledge a little here and there till the manager closes, that would be awesome. 

• Like 4

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it goes like B3, then yes. You can add to your initial pledge as many times as you want till Reaper closes the manager down for good. It's how I got a bunch of my B3 figures. Now the pay during the PM period doesn't help the overall KS campaign but it's nice for those that I want to buy more figures overall.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, haldir said:

If it goes like B3, then yes. You can add to your initial pledge as many times as you want till Reaper closes the manager down for good. It's how I got a bunch of my B3 figures. Now the pay during the PM period doesn't help the overall KS campaign but it's nice for those that I want to buy more figures overall.

Yeah, this. Pledge what you realistically can during the campaign because it unlocks the Stretch Goals and gets you more for each dollar you pledged both during the Campaign and afterward.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

So, let me see if I am getting this right? If the pledge manager works in KS4 as it did in KS3, if I just pledge a $1 (or more) and initially just get a few of the add ons, after the KS is done, until they close the pledge manager (and hopefully give us fair warning), I can still pledge and get say the core set and any other add ons? Is that right? Man if I can pledge a little here and there till the manager closes, that would be awesome. 

And, yes, assuming it's like KS3, and assuming you read the Updates, and forums here, you will have plenty of warning when the Pledge Manager will be closing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Bud, I have participated in EVERY Reaper kickstarter. I loves me some Reaper, sure. But as of B3, I pledged a dollar and then went and cherrypicked (and paid for) the individual items that I wanted; the Core Set was really nice, but I realized it'd be cheaper to buy what I wanted retail, frankly. STILL spent over a hundred and fifty, but that was largely because my girlfriend couldn't live without the graveyard set. And other impulse items. Well, and me too, to be blunt and fair about it...

I understand Reaper has forgiven me such heresy. They DO want to sell me miniatures, after all. And I'm just so darn pretty, what would the boards do without me?

• Like 9

2 hours ago, hdclearman said:

Does this strategy concern anyone in that it may reduce the total raised during funding and/or limit the stretch goals that are offered? 

Yes, it concerns me. But the alternative is people putting Bones on Credit Cards and then paying more in interest than they're saving on the Kickstarter. At the end of the day, I am confident Reaper will continue to expand their Bones line well beyond my ability to reasonably purchase everything. If it takes decades instead of years, I'm ok with that.

• Like 2

Indeed at the moment I am paying for a wedding so my initial investment may be low but I will end up getting everything after the fact through pledge manager

• Like 1

I believe Reaper has a presence at Gen Con, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a paint and take there.

As to stretch goals, profits, and stuff: I daresay that Reaper stands to lose more of MY money by saying "No, you must participate in the Core Set, and pay for it," than they would by saying "Pay a dollar, then cherrypick whatever you want."

I'm sure they have thought of this.

• Like 1

Well, as a student I personally can't afford to pledge for everything I want in 1 month. Core set will probably be ok, if nothing unexpected happens, but potential Add Ons will have to wait. And if something needs urgent attention in terms of money, I'll only go for 1$.

As much as I love Bones and could really benefit from a huge collection of things to kill my party with (as well as cheap minis to cut into pieces), I won't get into debt to unlock stretch goals. 

I'm ofc very grateful to those who have the money to pledge for everything instantly and put more towards stretch goals.

• Like 6

I generally go for the core set, and at least one of the add-on sets.....problem I always find with the add-on sets are I generally don't like all the miniatures. 

The usually break the core set down into smaller add-ons, would be nice if they did this for the larger add-on sets as well.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, talion78 said:

I generally go for the core set, and at least one of the add-on sets.....problem I always find with the add-on sets are I generally don't like all the miniatures. 

The usually break the core set down into smaller add-ons, would be nice if they did this for the larger add-on sets as well.

I like having multiples of the minions so the core set is great. I usually get duplicates of the minion guys in the core set, or (like in Bones 3) get 2 core sets and multiples. (I got 4 sets of Ogres, and 7 hobgoblins)

The Add-on sets are a problem. I like some of the minis in the set, but not others. And the ones I like I want multiples of but cant see buying multiple $50 sets for duplicate minis I want. So I talk myself out of getting it... I mean what can I do with only 5 thugs... ? I understand the logic behind not spitting up the Add on sets though... I am gonna try not to talk myself out of them this time... Missed out on a camel cause of it... :(

• Like 2

Re: Paint and Take at Gen Con . . . .

The Paint and Take is run by the Miniature Hobby Events group.  There are several participating sponsors.  Reaper has kindly supplied Bones miniatures, but several other companies also provide support, such as Darksword Miniatures, Impact Miniatures, and Ninja Division.  Last year saw some Infinity miniatures, as well as Iron Wind Metals. 

It is not a "Reaper Minis" activity.

It is run by volunteers, many of which are miniatures enthusiasts.  It's a socially-acceptable way to engage in your addiction, encourage others to adopt your addiction, and totally ignore the fact that you are addicted to the best hobby there is.

• Like 10