Bones 4 is Coming Soon!

Reaper Ron

14 minutes ago, Marc said:

So, from what I understand, Reaper as at least to some extent moving to the greyish color, slightly more rigid bones material (in response to the new WizKids minis?). Do we have any sense on if / how many of the Bones in this Kickstarter will be the new materiel / formula?

On one of the unboxing I saw (may have been wasd20's?) on youtube, someone from Reaper commented that it wasn't a new formula per se, just the color for their chronoscope line in bones. Not sure how true that is, but it does show better detail then the white bones. Time will tell how many more get this new look.

okay just found it, so I edited this post:

yes it was wasd20's video, the comment was from Matt Clark:

The gray is for our Bones Chronoscope line which is our modern/sci-fi line. We are also doing our polystyrene in the darker gray. It's the same material with color added.

Edited by Ratmaster2000
  • Like 2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/6/2017 at 10:07 PM, Pingo said:

From the talented hands of Julie Guthrie ... :wub:  

(I mean, c'mon, I've had an art crush on her all my adult life.)

The ElfQuest miniatures set from Ral Partha?

Yeah, that was my first exposure to her minis. ::):

The Auld Grump

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Marc said:

So, from what I understand, Reaper as at least to some extent moving to the greyish color, slightly more rigid bones material (in response to the new WizKids minis?). Do we have any sense on if / how many of the Bones in this Kickstarter will be the new materiel / formula?

All I know is. Wizkids has got dragonborn and teiflings coming out in their next wave...so.....Reaper better get in on it....1 of each per kickstarter is too low.  We need 5 or 6 minimum...mixed classes and sexes.

20 hours ago, Smokestack said:

Thing I like best about this is you aren't spending $800.00. Money already taken is past expenditures. So I am only spending $20.. or $50... That is a lot easier to justify then having to fork over the $800 all at once... and its not a lie when my wife asks how much I spent and I say "just $20..."

That would backfire on me so hard.... 'How much did you spend?' 'Just $20.' 'Cool, could you add $20 more for me?'....

The Auld Grump

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

On one of the unboxing I saw (may have been wasd20's?) on youtube, someone from Reaper commented that it wasn't a new formula per se, just the color for their chronoscope line in bones. Not sure how true that is, but it does show better detail then the white bones. Time will tell how many more get this new look.

okay just found it, so I edited this post:

yes it was wasd20's video, the comment was from Matt Clark:

The gray is for our Bones Chronoscope line which is our modern/sci-fi line. We are also doing our polystyrene in the darker gray. It's the same material with color added.

That's interesting ...

I thought people have said the newer grey Bones were a bit more rigid / less bendy 

5 hours ago, Marc said:

9 hours ago, Xherman1964 said:

How would that work?

I do not really understand this, more money, means more molds etc???

@Reaperbryan would be the best person to answer these questions, but I believe Reaper had planned the colour and rigidity change in Bones long before Wizkids announced their new line.

Regarding Bones I, I think it was likely the increase in incidental costs from an increase in backers that would have eaten into profits.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Marc said:

That's interesting ...

I thought people have said the newer grey Bones were a bit more rigid / less bendy 

I didn't really notice it much on the wizard of oz figures I got from ebay, ill have to pay attention more when I do my core set unboxing and let you know.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Marc said:

That's interesting ...

seems to be variable. I've gotten some very rigid white bones, and some sort of wiggly grey ones in bones 3.

Edited by Werkrobotwerk
I would appreciate it if spell check would stop changing words that are correct...
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

seems to be variable. I've gotten some very rigid white bones, and some sort of wiggly grey ones in bones 3.

Yah the wild west oz monkey seemed real wiggly, as well as ms. bones (though she wasnt grey). Overall I was quite happy with them all, even the two female warriors from pretty deadly set (156 and 158) that seemed to have their poses/weapons changed.

• Like 1